Chapter Four - THE HOUSE ELF LIBERATION FRONT, LIVES ON!

Start from the beginning

And it was tonight before dinner!

She was the guest speaker!

He smiled and pocketed it, rising from his seat and gathering his History of Magic parchments and stuffing them into his bag when he heard the grating at the entrance and Al appeared at the archway.

His arched eyebrows relaxed as he analysed Scorpius from where he stood and seemed satisfied by what he saw.

'History of Magic?'

'I know Al, that's why I'm coming!'

Al's eyes roved around to the couch Scorpius had been lounging on. 'Did you kill a bird?'

Scorpius rolled his eyes and reached out to push Al out of the common room ahead of him. 'Of course not! I received an owl is all!'

'Ok.'

'We'll be late Al, get going!'

'Ok.' Muttered Al again in a small voice that told Scorpius he had not been able to convince his best friend that everything was alright.

Professor Binns was as unremarkable as always as he droned on about the real history behind the story of legendary lovers Tristan and Isolde who were magical folk that spun a tragic tale in order to escape King Mark and lived the rest of their lives in pure bliss somewhere in Belize.

Weasely sat immediately in front of Scorpius and kept tilting her head to the side so she could throw him burning scowls now and then.

Scorpius scowled back as good as he could and finally hissed, 'Got something to say?'

Professor Binns came to a grinding halt.

'Miss Westminster is there something you would like to add to the class?'

Chairs scrapped the stone floor as ripples of Sixth Years turned to look back at Weasely whose ears had gone pink, Scorpius noted from behind smugly.

'Malfoy thinks that the book is wrong Professor! He believes that Tristan lied to Isolde so he could marry her!'

Scorpius choked.

Around them the rest of the class had started laughing.

Professor Binns looked thrown by the noise around him and tried to tap the table for silence only his hand went right through.

'I never said that!'Scorpius barked.

'Yes you did! You said that Isolde wouldn't have given Tristan the time of day if she had found out he was a muggle-born!'

'There's nothing wrong with being a muggle-born!'

Weasely turned in her seat so she could place both her elbows on Scorpius' table. 'Oh isn't there? And I suppose there's nothing wrong in being a half-blood wizard either?'

Scorpius could feel the heat colouring his cheeks. He had to set this girl straight once and for all!

'Yes there is nothing wrong! Why should there be? Let me make this clear... I don't think that being a half-blood wizard or witch is any way inferior to being a pure blood witch!'

'So had Tristan told Isolde he was a muggle-born she would have been alright with it? Even though it was her father that had brought down a decree to kill every last one of them?'

She was standing now, leaning closer to Scorpius and he was getting distracted by the soft caramel brown of freckles crowding the bridge of her nose.

Nevertheless he steeled himself and pushed off his chair, getting as close enough to her as he dared, the tip of his nose a hair's breadth from hers. 'I am not my father, Weasely!' He hissed through almost gritted teeth. He put his heart and soul into those six words, hoping she would see his sincerity and leave him alone.