The Day of the Wing Ceremony

Groose walked out of his room and rubbed his face carefully, while muttering under his breath about Link. 

 After he left his room he went to visit his friends, Cawlin and Strich. 

 He found them talking to each other in the halls. Cawlin was short and plumpish with blue hair. Strich was tall and skinny with blonde hair. 

 Groose waved at them, then joined them in their conversation. 

 "Oh, we were just talking about how your going to own Link in the loftwing race," Cawlin said. "Yeah Groose, you can do it," Strich said adding on to Cawlin's statement. 

 "Thanks guys," Groose said grining. "Well I have to go," he said. 

 "Good luck at the Wing Ceremony," Cawlin said. "Yeah, good luck," Strich said. Groose nodded his thanks and walked out of the building. 

 He jogged around Skyloft for his daily exercise routine, and saw Link talking to Zelda. Groose decided to go over to them because Link can't do anything with Zelda around he thought.

 "Hey guys," Groose said casually. "Hi, pompadork.... I mean Groose," Link said when he realized Zelda was still there. "Hello there Groose," Zelda said in a slightly kinder way than Link. 

 "I was just passing by and I wanted to wish you luck on the race Link." Link grunted, showing that he didn't need luck. 

 "Zelda!" "Sorry guys father's calling, see you later, and good luck on the race Groose," Zelda said as she went to see Gaepora. 

 "Finally Zelda's gone, now I can do this," Link said with an evil smile on his lips. 

 Groose didn't like the sound of that so he began to slowly step away..... "Where do you think your going pompadork?" 

 Too late Groose thought sadly. Groose gave little resistance while Link pulled him to the edge of Skyloft. 

 No problem Groose thought, I can just call my Loftwing. 

 When Groose fell a little ways through the clouds he whistled. His Loftwing didn't come. 

 He whistled a little louder this time. Still nothing. 

 On Skyloft LInk was long gone, and Gaepora and Zelda were watching Groose fall. "He's taking an awful long time to call his bird," Gaepora said. "Oh no, somethings wrong!" Zelda dove off the edge of the cliff to save him.

 Groose began to freak out, then he saw Zelda racing down to catch him on her Loftwing before he hit the cloud bank. 

 Zelda managed to make it to him in time and they traveled up the cliffside. They landed all breathing heavily. 

 "What happened Groose?" Gaepora and Zelda asked. 

 "My.. my bird... it didn't come when I called it...." 

 "That's strange," Gaepora said. "I've never heard a Loftwing ignoring its master." 

 "Well I will see if I can get Horwell to stall the Wing Ceremony," Gaepora continued. "You better find your bird." 

 Groose nodded, and just before he set out Gaepora said something. "Zelda, you better help him find his Loftwing."  Zelda frowned, but said, "Okay," anyway.  "Thanks," Groose replied.

 Hoping he could find his Loftwing before the Wing Ceremony he hurried across Skyloft.