This Complicates Things

Start from the beginning

When he'd first walked in that day, he'd noticed a strange energy in the back, specifically from Scott. He seemed cagey, and sad. They still hadn't really spoken since that first day, and Isaac was determined to change that. This seemed like an okay opportunity, although he was a bit worried that if it was something personal, he might accidentally hit a nerve.

"Uh, hey Scott," Scott turned to look. "Are... are you alright?" He noticed Scott stiffen and he started to back pedal, "Sorry, I- I shouldn't have asked, um, sorry."

"No, no, your fine, I... one of the older dogs passed this morning, I just-"

"Oh, I'm sorry," Isaac said softly.

"Yeah, it doesn't happen too often, but y'know, when it does it, uh, it sucks y'know."

"If I'm being totally honest I don't really, I've never had a pet before, let alone had one die."

"Oh, well, yeah, I guess it just sort of feels like losing a part of your family," Scott seemed to notice the way his words made Isaac pause, his heart quickening and his shoulders tensing. Now Scott was backpedaling, "sorry, he said quickly moving closer to Isaac, I didn't mean to-"

"You're fine," Isaac smiled softly again, "It's just my m.... my, uh, parents died a few years ago." Scott was too distracted to notice the lie, except maybe it wasn't really a lie. His mom was dead, and he was fairly certain the man his father was dead along with her. Scott's eyes did, however, go wide as he tried to apologize, his hand coming over his mouth in shock. Isaac just chuckled at the expression on his face. "Seriously it's okay, been a long time."

Scott just nodded nervously.

"I'm glad we're talking about something now though." Isaac laughed.

Scott's face went beat red and he turned to look away, "Oh come on I'm sorry, but you're cute when you blush." Isaac froze slightly at the words that were leaving his own mouth, but the expression on Scott's face when he said it made it all disappear.

His eyes were wide, shocked, and his entire face was red up to his ears, he kept opening and closing his mouth as if to say something, but the words wouldn't leave his mouth.

Isaac chuckled and turned back to what he was doing, "We should probably get back to work right," He had a small smirk present on his lips. Scott just nodded and turned away. 'Oh this was gonna be fun,' Isaac thought.

Scott went back to not saying much to Isaac at all, outside of work related things. But Isaac still caught him stealing glances every once in a while. Once when he did it, Isaac winked and he swears he's never seen a more adorable expression of surprise on a person's face than in that moment.

Towards the end of the day they were all in the back cleaning up, when Isaac decided to ask about Liam's mystery dog.

"Hey Deaton, do you know of any dogs that might be missing?" he asked, Deaton turned to face him.

"I can't say I do, why do you ask?"

"Well earlier today, Liam came into the house from out by the pond in the woods, said he saw this huge black dog walking around. I'm pretty sure he pet it cause he totally lied when I asked if he'd gone near it. I asked him if he thought it might be a wolf but he said he googled it and there aren't any-" He paused looking between Deaton and Scott, "Did I say something?"

Deaton and Scott had both gone still. There was surprise and worry on both their faces. "No, no, you're fine," Deaton said, "It's just... it was probably just black coyote, they're rare, very rare, but it's possible, just, tell Liam to be careful in the woods, yeah?"

Isaac nodded hesitantly. Deaton looked at his watch. "Oh, it's time to leave, Isaac, Scott I'll see you two tomorrow, yeah? Have a good one."

Isaac made his way to his car getting in and heading home. He could say for certain, there was definitely something strange going on.

"So this Liam kid saw the werewolf?" Malia asked.

After Isaac had left, Scott and Deaton called an emergency meeting at the clinic, everyone arrived fairly quickly and they told them about the sighting.

"That's what Isaac said, yeah. That it was in the woods behind his house, he said he thought Liam went near it." Scott explained

"How near?" Derek asked.

Scott hesitated, "He- he thinks Liam might have pet it."

They all looked confused. "Why would a werewolf, in full wolf form, which is rare as hell by the way and I think we're skipping over that too quickly, but why would it go so close to a person?" Lydia questioned.

"I can't say for certain, however, the only way to get information, would be to ask the boy that saw it in the first place." Deaton said.

The others all looked at each other. This was going to be very complicated.