New Friends... If That's What This Is?

Start from the beginning

"Isaac, can you grab Sprinkles? I already told his owner everything they need to know about taking care of him after the surgery." Deaton asked, coming into the back from the reception desk.

"Yeah sure," Isaac found sprinkles, a fluffy Maine Coon, you'd just had a minor surgery. It was the same cat that curled up so comfortably in his arms two days ago when he first visited. He carried him into the waiting room. A little boy was standing there with his father jumping up and down impatiently. Isaac smiled when the father just laughed. "God" he thought, "wish I had him as a dad"

"Relax, Jamie," the dad laughed, "see look Sprinkles is right there." The boy's head whipped around to look at Isaac, holding Sprinkles. He ran towards him holding out his arms. Isaac looked questioningly at the father before he nodded. Isaac knelt down and placed Sprinkles in the boy's arms. Isaac half expected the boy to squeeze the cat so hard it passed out, but he didn't. The cat merely curled up comfortably in his arms and purred.

'Thank you!" The boy yelled at Isaac wrapping his arm around Isaac's neck in a half hug.

"Oh I didn't-" Isaac began

"No use arguing with him," the father laughed, "You gave him back his cat, he doesn't care what you did or didn't do."

Isaac laughed and hugged the boy quickly with one arm before letting go. The boy held on for just a second longer before letting go and turning back to his dad. "Thank you" he mouthed before turning and leaving, his boy in front of him. Isaac smiled warmly in their direction.

The door opened again, and a familiar boy stepped in, Scott. Their eyes locked and both had a familiar blush creepy onto their faces. Isaac averted his eyes quickly.

"Uh, hey, how are you doing?" Isaac asked.

Scott chuckled nervously, "Uh good, you?"

"Good." was all Isaac said, before turning slowly and making his way back into the exam room. He took a deep breath. "Fuck," he though, he's never had a crush like this before, but he guessed he'd also never been obligated to work with one this closely before either. They didn't say much to each other for the first hour, just simply working in silence or asking questions, which were only related to work. At one point they'd both reached for the same pen, and when their hand brushed Isaac though he was going to die. "This is like some fucking cliché rom-com, Li was right," he thought.

Scott wasn't sure what to do, his mind was going all over the fucking place. At this point there were a few things he knew for certain.
He liked Isaac.
He was fairly sure Isaac like him too, he could hear his heartbeat quicken whenever he looked at him.
Stiles thinks he should go for it.
There was also a list of things that made him hesitate.
He isn't certain Isaac likes him.
He doesn't want to put him in danger.
All his friends know about the werewolf thing, and it would be a little weird that Isaac didn't.
Telling Isaac could go very VERY badly.
He really needed to talk to Stiles about all this.

And he did. After work, Isaac and Scott said an awkward goodbye. The second Scott was in his car he whipped out his phone and called Stiles. He picked up pretty quickly.

"Hey, dude can I talk to you, It's about the Isaac thing."

He could hear Stile sign on the other end, "Fine but can we do it in person, I think I can convey my frustration of this situation better in person."

Scott sighed, "Yeah, yeah, I'm heading home now I'll meet you there."