Chapter 1 - Beginning

Liam opened his eyes. His mother was standing in front of him and shaking his body.

"Get up now, Liam!"

She stormed out of the room.

"W- what...?" stuttered Liam.

When Liam finally came to his senses, he realized it was a dream. Liam looked at the alarm clock. It was already ten o'clock. Fuck! I have to get ready. He jumped out of bed and straight into the bathroom. Closed.

"Open the god-damn door, Mary!"

"It's your fault if you oversleep!" his sister yelled from behind the bathroom door.

"I'm glad that I'm in the dormitory from tonight, nobody can stand you here!"

Liam rushed back to his room to get dressed. What could I wear? A shirt? Or something more casual? What do you wear when you move to a new place? The decision must be well thought out, after all his new life was going to start today. Liam has lived his whole life in this place. A small village called Mals. Kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, and even two years of high school. All in the same village. He always wanted to go to a high school far away from his hometown and discover a new place, and now the moment has arrived. In Brixen, a small city in northern Italy, he will spend the last three years of his school career and during the week he will stay at the males-only dormitory called Laurin dormitory. On mornings like these, I'm really glad that I'm finally gone. Mary drives me nuts!

"The bathroom's free, dearest brother."

"Shut up!"

Liam chose the white shirt and jeans. He was brushing his teeth, styling his hair, and packing the suitcase. Before he realized it, he was standing in front of the car and saying goodbye to Mary and his father. His sister hugged him and acted like a drama queen as she was crying exaggeratedly. Then she punched him.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"So you won't forget me."

"How could I? With all the trauma you've caused me!"

"Love you too."

He loves his sister, even though she could be really annoying sometimes. His father approached him and shook his hand.

"Take care, boy! Don't cause any trouble."

"I won't, promise!"

He was not good with feelings, but Liam knew it came from his heart. He smiled at everyone and then went into the car. His mother got behind the wheel and started the engine.

"I'm still considering not coming back," she said with a smile on her face, and drove off, "Are you excited, honey?" Liam didn't really know what to answer. Was he excited? Thinking about it, he realized, he is excited. Liam was ready to meet new people, ready to discover a new city, and who knew, maybe ready for his first relationship.

"Honey?" his mom asked again.

"I'm ready," said Liam confidently, "I'm totally ready!"

After a two-hour car ride, they finally arrived at Laurin's. Wow! Liam was already fascinated by the dimensions of the dormitory and the surrounding campus.

"This place is amazing!"

"I'm glad you like it already. One worry less," his mother responded.

"Mom..." said Liam and gave his mother a big hug, "It's not the end of the world."

"I know," she stuttered, "It's just... I am used to having both of my lovely babies around all the time."

"Mom, don't call me baby! What if anyone hears us!"