Day 11: Mermaid's Kiss

Every sea creature knew that the land-dwellers were dangerous. It was an unwritten rule to stay away from them. Anyone who broke this rule mostly ended up as seafoam. And only if they were lucky. Especially Mers like Lust, which attracted a lot of attention as a siamese fighting fish with his bright colors, were often hunted for their fins or as souvenirs. And yet Lust couldn't stop himself from watching the one land-dweller that kept coming into Lust's coral reef and just swimming around or just sitting on the bottom watching the fish. Lust found this tall, sometimes almost shy looking skeleton extremely adorable. Although his partner, who sometimes went diving with him, was just as interesting. Lust would like to know where he got the two scars on his one eye socket - Was it his left? - from.

For months Lust watched the two divers, his tail with shimmering purple, pink and blue scales well camouflaged among all the coral. Lust has grown fond of the two divers during this time. So much so that even Dance, his handsome whale shark mate, noticed.

"If you like them that much, bring them over and we can make something of it. They make you happy and I don't want to take that away from you"

Lust kept thinking about these words when he wanted to take the two divers with him and spoil them. But he couldn't just kidnap them, they would eventually drown before he could show them why he brought them to his home.

However, an opportunity presented itself when during a storm where the smaller of the two divers fell into the sea without his gear, magic as red as blood coming from a very large wound on his throat. It looked like someone tried to decapitate his treasure. It made Lust act quickly. Healing the wound now would extend his diver's life, but only until he drowned. So Lust took the only thing he knew would help. Something very coveted by many land-dwellers.

A Mermaid's Kiss.

It gave his handsome diver the air to breathe while Lust healed his wound. And thanks to a small sign on his diver's chest, he now knew his name!

"Don't worry Wine. I'm not leaving your partner just like that. He will follow you soon.”