Day 6: Teeth

Remmy had a good day today! His dad took him out fishing and he got to meet his mates! Although he quickly looked away when they started kissing. He really didn't need to see anything that disgusting! However, he saw that dad's two mates had also brought children with them!

"Hi! Who are you? I'm Remmy! Who are you?” Excited to meet new people, Remmy leaned over the edge of the small boat, the tips of his dark fur dipping into the water. The two little sharks even looked like his dad's two mates!

"I'm Sugar! This is my brother Cookie.” The little shark Mer with the black tears pointed to himself before pointing to the other Mer with the colored eyes, who curiously touched the fur that was hanging in the water.

"Oh, those are pretty names!" Too well timed to be a coincidence, Remmy's stomach growled. "Apparently your names are so good that I'm getting hungry!" Giggling, Remmy moved back to get his backpack, from which he pulled out a pack of M&Ms. With a small smile he offered the two little sharks some. "Do you both want something too? I've got more with me, so it's not that bad.” But then Remmy frowned and looked down at the M&Ms. "Although, maybe that's not so good for Mers..." Remmy rummaged around in the backpack for something else. It didn't take long, however, before he triumphantly pulled out something else and held it out to the two of them. "Here! I think some jerky is actually better for you than chocolate."

"Chocolate?" Cookie's eyes widened when Remmy mentioned the chocolate. How was this little country kid in possession of something so precious?

"If you have eaten any meat! And then only very little! I don't want you to get sick.” And Remmy waited until he got confirmation from both of them before handing them the pieces of meat, leaving some for himself.

"Chocolate now?" With what Remmy knew his dad called puppy eyes, the two shark kids looked at him wide-eyed. It took Remmy to giggle softly as he opened the packet of M&Ms. Careful not to spill anything, he poured a few into their outstretched hands.

"But be careful not to choke." Remmy smiled happily at the two of them while he ate his M&Ms himself. Everything was going well for some time too, until there was a painful whimper. Remmy immediately looked over at the two sharks and saw how the little shark with the colored eyes was holding a broken tooth. "Oh! Here, take this!” Remmy quickly gave the little shark a handkerchief, which he used to squeeze the bleeding wound. "Sorry, I didn't consider that you don't know nuts. I didn't know it would knock your tooth out." He looked apologetically at the little shark. He really hadn't intended to hurt his new girlfriend. He really hoped he wouldn't blame him.

"It's okay," Cookie said, trying to calm his two-legged friend. He knew he hadn't done it on purpose. He didn't want him to worry about it. "Here! Take this. As a gift.”

"Thank you..." With a watery smile, Remmy took the tooth and smiled and hugged it. He would save that tooth well!

And without the children noticing, Horror and Dust, along with Kelp, watched the three children.