Chapter 17: Fixing of a broken heart

Start from the beginning

"No no no no! No bodies on the ground today!"
Ruby Chocolate pleaded as she took the mirror from their hand. Bounty had lost it to.

She slammed her shoe against the table and stood up.
"OI! COUVERTURE! YOU SAID NO MORE SPEAKING ABOUT THE CRÈME REPUBLIC! WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THOSE SH*THEADS AGAIN? EVERYONE THERE OTHER THAN CLOTTED CREAM DESERVES TO DIE!"
Bounty cursed as she cocked her guns once more and shot the ceiling, denting it as the bullet got stuck.

"Look.... it's important. Siri, show them the mirror,"
Couverture replied as Siri was busy fixing their appearance before walking to the suspended platform with a large mirror in their arms as they propped it onto the platform.

Clotted Cream watched through the crack of the door and peeped through, trying hard to see the people.

The Crème Republicans! What were they talking about?

That was when Oyster started speaking.
"As you know, the meeting with the ancients will commence even without Clotted Cream. Especially since the Chocolate Republicans won him over. Although the meeting would be better with him, we can still continue without him. Besides, he was a mere pawn that we could use to fall on just in case they Ancients have an issue with what we do. Besides, he could be dead by now anyways,"

Oyster said as they continue dissing off the Ancients while Siri observed from the side. A hand clasped onto their mouth as they looked in horror.

They instantly stopped the moment the Crème Republicans were done speaking of Clotted Cream.

"Master Couverture.... I, what do we do?"
"Simple. We show this to the Ancients. I am in fact acquainted to Madam Hollyberry. Surely she wouldn't mind me showing up."

"I.... but father! Clotted Cream-"
"SIRI. It's enough. We'll discuss about the young man another day and how we will tell him the news,"
"I... Yes father..."
Siri reluctantly took the mirror down as they headed back to their seat.

Clotted Cream stood outside the room, dazed. Tears had welled in his eyes and were streaming down his face slowly, as he was at a lost of words. His fists were clenched tightly, so tightly they were turning white. He held back his urge to scream as he walked to the garden with difficulty, his heart on the verge of breaking into thousands of pieces.

As he reached Siri's favourite spot of the garden, he sat under the tree before pulling out the pocket watch. A different one. The one the Crème Republic gave him as he opened it and looked at the picture of him and all the Republicans of the Crème Republic.
He loved this watch so dearly. He wanted to smash it against the ground and break it but couldn't bring himself to do so.

After the meeting, Siri rushed to the garden. They knew Clotted Cream heard what was going on. They knew. They tried to say something, but they failed. They were cut off. They ran to where they and Clotted Cream first sat to see him sobbing as he laid on the grass.

"Clotted Cream... I'm sorry..."
Siri said as they approached the sobbing man.
"No... NO! I HATE THEM!"
Clotted Cream instead screamed, trapped in his thoughts as he wanted to see the Crème Republicans dead.

All those cruel years of hard work... Only to be treated like this? He despised the Crème Republic! He despised them!

"It's okay hun...I know you feel... But not now. Not here. Follow me,"

Siri stood Clotted Cream up as they headed to one of the rooms in the castle.

Siri opened the door, revealing a fireplace and everything Clotted Cream received over the years form the Crème Republicans.
5 years ago...
When he was 18... He joined those Republicans.

𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡!
Turning me into a consul for the best...

They got their consul. And I got robbed of a happy childhood and life...

Clotted Cream went to the portrait of him and his 'parents' and smashed it to the ground.
He screamed as he pounded his fists against the glass, shattering it as the faces of his 'parents' got stained with blood and shards of glass.

It didn't matter. He picked up the portrait again and smashed it onto the table, breaking it as the frame was forced open.

Several other small photos flew out and dropped to the floor. Pictures of his 'parents'. Occasional pictures of him. He took the ones with his 'parents' inside of it and threw it into the fireplace before lighting it as Siri passed him a lit matchstick.

He was soon tossing every single little photo of his 'parents' into the fire, as the flames seemed to swallow the pictures whole
Finally, it came to the last thing remaining in the frame.

The letter he was given from the Crème Republicans.
The very letter that led him to being Consul...
He trembled as he snatched the letter from the frame and held it above the fire.
He was about to throw it inside but stopped himself.
He couldn't bring himself to burn it.
It was one of the best memories of his life. Yet he wanted to watch it burn away as it ruined him.

Soon, the flames caught onto the paper and started to burn it as Siri gently took his wrist and slid the letter out his hand, taking it and dropping it calmly into the fire. Clotted Cream pulled out the pocket watch, the same one he almost broke in the garden. He opened it and showed it to Siri, which they took it and tore the photo inside it into small bits as they threw many of the shreds into the flame, keeping one by their side.
They pulled the pocket watch from Clotted Cream's suit, the one they gave to him as they clicked it open.
They saw the photo of them and the day they kissed inside of it. They slid the shred of the photo inside and closed the pocket watch and slid it back into Clotted Cream's suit.

They grabbed the pocket watch and threw it into a mirror.

𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒...

Siri said as they hugged Clotted Cream.
Clotted Cream started to cry again, the tears he cried coming back as he clenched his fists once more.

"Siri... *sob*... Am I really useless enough to only be a pawn..? *sob*"
"No... Your important. The Crème Republicans only chose you because they knew you were smart, talented and most importantly young. They wanted to control you in the first place, but they also wanted someone that was intelligent and talented. The Crème Republicans can't compare with you in terms of magic,"
Siri answered as they felt one of Clotted Cream's ribbons wrap around them as Clotted Cream pulled them close.

𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑆𝑖𝑟𝑖... 𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢...

Clotted Cream muttered as he hugged Siri tightly.
"I won't. I promise you,"

Siri said as they took his hands and held him close to them.

...

♡︎