"Like I'm the moon and the stars." She joked lightly with a sweet smile. She plays it off well but Devyn knows how much reassurance, approval, and affirmation means to Maya.

"Oh but you are, my beauty." Devyn gently bussed kiss-swollen lips, reveling in the use of endearment that turned her into putty. "My moon and stars."

"My sweet Devyn." Her hands fell from his cheeks, gliding down to his chest and over his back until she had him engulfed in her embrace. His head laid against her chest, the steady beating of her heart soothing against his ears drum.

Their intimate bubble soon burst from the intermittent vibration of Maya's phone. The light strokes on his back ceased as she reached over the nightstand and picked up her phone.

"Is he expecting you home soon?" Maya shook her head as she typed lightly on her screen. "No he's away in Baltimore for the weekend on a conference. However, I had completely forgot that I promised to meet my friends for lunch today." She exhaled deeply, placing her phone back on the nightstand. "But I rather stay here with you."

Devyn tilted his head up to see the frown that adorned on Maya's face. He leaned forward and pecked her lips. "You go spend some time with your friends and maybe we can have dinner tonight? I can cook?" He propositioned with a shrug.

"I have a better idea which does involve dinner but I want it to be a surprise." She answered quickly with a devious smirk. "I know I've surprised you numerous times but it'll be different this time."

"I'll go wherever you go." Devyn chuckled. "As long as we get to be together."

"Good." Maya smiled brightly. "I'll have Claude come pick you up at 6. Now I have to leave because I need to go home and get ready for this lunch."

Devyn tentatively removes his weight from her small frame, falling back to his side of the bed. He watches as the covers slip from her body, revealing her naked body which she confidently models as she makes her way towards the bathroom. He smirks to himself, his eyes drinking up every plane and small crease of her body from her plump bottom and toned legs.

"I know you're watching me." Maya simply said as she slipped on her pair of her leggings that Devyn happily discarded across the room earlier.

"I'm just enjoying the view." He responded nonchalantly. He rolled out of bed himself, pulling on the pair of shorts he once sported before leaning against the doorway of the bathroom.  Devyn watched as her fingers comb through her dark locks, ceasing any tangles. She tucks her stray strands perfectly behind her ear, one of the many small Maya habits Devyn loved.

"I will you see tonight." Maya said once she finished getting herself together. She walked into his arms, her arms wrapping around his waist. Devyn buried his face in her chestnut locks, inhaling the faint honey scent. "Wear something nice too." She winked as she looked up at him.

"Now I'm really curious as to what you have planned. You really are full of surprises." He quirked his eyebrow with an amused smirk.

"You'll just have to wait and see." Maya shifted slightly on the heels of her and her soft lips pressing a tender kiss on his lips.

After saying their goodbyes over a hundred times, the couple finally released themselves to go their separate ways. He waved with a warm smile as she slowly reversed out of his driveway and out of his neighborhood.

****
Her heels clicked against the hardwood floors of the buzzing restaurant, maneuvering her way between tables and servers before her eyes found her friends who sat closely, speaking distinctly with each other, a small laughter erupting between them.

"Look who finally made it." Her friend Eva announced as they both greeted each other with pecks on each cheek.

"Sorry. Traffic." Maya apologized as she greeted her other friend Lorraine with a kiss on the cheek as well.