Chapter 16

Devyn groaned softly, stirring in his spot from the intrusive glare of sunlight peeking though his curtains. His pillow is invaded by thick locks of hair which he soon realizes belongs to Maya. An innocent look is upon her face as she sleeps soundly in his bed, the morning rays of sun glowing against her  skin. Wanting to capture her warmth, Devyn stretches his arms forward and pulls her into his embrace, their bodies fitting together perfectly like a puzzle piece.

His nose nuzzles into her hair, the scent of honey invading his nostrils. Maya stirred a bit, a soft smile on her face before a faint snore releases from her lips. He presses a gentle kiss just below her ear as his fingertips lightly traced the outline of her hipbone.

Devyn began to fall in love with the idea of possibly waking up to Maya by his side everyday. He obsessed over the smell of her hair, her warm body and the faint noise of her snores. He was in love with Maya. He wanted nothing more to be the man she desired and deserved.

He cuddled into her even more, a lot more tighter than usual, peppering featherlight kisses on her shoulder.

"Baby," Maya's voice grumbled, heavy with sleep. "What time is it?" A yawn ripping through her throat.

He stretched over to his alarm clock, the neon green letters displaying the time brighty. "A quarter to 10."

She hummed her response as he cuddled back into her. She grabbed his hand, kissing the palm of it as a lazy smile spread across her face. "I love waking up in your arms. Maybe I should always make a detour to your house every time I run in the morning."

"Maybe you should." Devyn whispered as he guided her face towards him, kissing her tenderly on the lips. His hand found a way onto his lover's cheek, his thumb stroking mindlessly.

Maya nuzzled into the warmth of his hand with a sweet smile as his other hand roamed the curves of her body before occupying one of the swells on her chest. A slight hitch of her breath from his soft touch.

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?" Devyn asked with a small smirk, as his hand continued to brush against the planes of her body. She was intoxicating and there was never a moment where his hands didn't itch to touch her.

"Tell me again." Maya husked. Her voice was breathy and vulnerable yet somehow determined at the same time.

Devyn gently laid her on her back, hovering over her small frame. A slow, grateful smile spread across her face as he leaned and pressed a trail of kisses on her neck. "You," He began, working his way to the sensitive spot near her ear, eliciting a squeak from Maya.

"Are," Devyn continued his work as he peppered kisses on the many small beauty marks on her collar bone. "So," He followed the path down to the valley of her breasts, his tongue lapping over her taunt nipple. She whimpered and arched her chest, encouraging him to engulf it into his mouth with a tender pull.

"Devyn..." She murmured breathlessly.

He continued his journey, kissing and licking any skin he could find as he followed the planes of her toned stomach. "Beautiful." He ended, peppering a kiss on the defined scar near her hip bone. Maya shivers slightly before she cupped Devyn's chin, bringing them together for a kiss full of passion, lust, and need.

Maya pulled away from the kiss breathlessly, her lips somewhat swollen from the damage. She cupped his face, the small stubble of his facial hair prickling her fingertips. Her brown eyes falling into his pool of hazel. Her heart leaped at the look he held, full of adoration and want.

"I just want to remember you like this." Maya muttered quietly. Devyn would of missed her words if he hadn't been watching her lips.

"Like what?" He questioned, pressing his face further into the warmth of her hands as he pressed a chaste kiss on her palm.