Chapter 11- Haldi & Shaadi 👰‍♀️🤵‍♂️

In the morning of the wedding, Kritika didnt say a word.In fact Nandini didnt even see her....she thought Kritika had given up but really she had something else in mind.

Ishani helped her get ready for the haldi ceremony and guests started to arrive. Finally the doorbell rang, Devyani opened the door and in came Nyonika with Navya & Mukti and of course the haldi that they had just applied to Manik.

One by one, people started applying the haldi to Nandini. Devyani scooped some up in her hand and bent down to reach Nandini's level. As she spread the haldi onto her cheeks, Nandini noticed here eyes tearing up. Before anyone else can see, Devyani blinked the tears away.....but it was too late. 

"Mom...are you....crying?" Nandini whispered. Devyani looked at her daughter.

"I know hum dono ke beech bohot differences hai....aur main shayad duniya ki sabse achi ma nahi hoon. Par Ma toh hoon na? I love you." Devyani said. "Yeh ghar....tere bina bohot khaali khaali sa lagega.....ab main jagrah kiske saath karungi?"

Nandini, who had started to tear up hearing her mom let out a laugh and everyone else chuckled too. This was the first time, Devyani showed that she loved Nandini and it was an emotional moment for both mother and daughter. Nandini hugged Devyani and started crying.

"Nandu...haldi..." Ishani tried stopping her but Devyani just shook her head and hugged Nandini back.

Ishani & Jaya Kaki smiled seeing them.

"Chalo...ab bohot hua rona dhona. Yeh saree designer hai, puri kharab kar diya tumne." Devyani cleared her throat and stood up, brushing herself off. 

"Aap kabhi nahi badalne wale hai na Mom?" Nandini sighed. Then she noticed Navya was looking like she wanted to say something but was trying her best not to. "Navya...kya hua tujhe?"

"Nahi...kuch nahi." Navya shook her head.

"Kuch toh pakka hai...bol na." Nandini said. 

"Uh...well I do have some news and I really really want to tell everyone.....par Cabir aur maine decide ki hai ke abhi nahi batayenge. Its your day! Our news can wait." Navya said.

"You? And wait?" Mukti laughed. "Yeah right."

"Haan sahi mein Navya.....tu kabhi koi secret nahi rakh sakta. Ab bol bhi de...I promise I wont feel bad." Nandini said.

"Navya beta...bolo?" Nyonika also said.

"Actually....Cabiraurmainparentsbannewalehai!" Navya said all in one breathe.

"KYA?" nobody understood.

"Cabir aur main....hum parents banne wale hai." Navya replied.

"OMG!" Nandini squealed and jumped up to hug her. "Thats great news!"

"Congrats Navya!" Mukti hugged her too. So did Nyonika. Then Ishani, Devyani & the others wished her.

"Beta tumhe kab paata chala?" Nyonika asked.

"Kal shaam ko Mom. Actually I took the test a while back aur woh positive aaya par we wanted to be sure so hum kal dovtor ke paas gaye they. Lekin kyunki Manik aur Nandini ki shaadi chal raha hai, we kept it a secret for now."

"Tu aur tera woh pati...dono pagal hai." Nandini said. "Aise news ko secret thodi na rakhte hai...isse toh celebrate karte hai!!!!"

The haldi ceremony then continued with lots of laughs and music...everyone enjoyed themselves.

*************

Abhi & Cabir were in Manik's room helping him get ready for the wedding. Manik wore a off white sherwani with golden embroidery all over.