Chapter 1- Introducing... Manik: The Rockstar 🎸🎸

London, UK

In a mansion, a young man was in his room, talking on his phone to a girl.

*Phonecall*

M: What do you mean shaadi nahi kar sakte?

K: Oh come on baby...you know Im London's biggest supermodel. Im at the height of my career....I cant get married and ruin all that right now.

M: And what about us? Dont you love me?

K: I do baby...I do. Lekin...mujhe mere career se bhi pyar hai.

M: So what...we break up? Aur humne jo 4 saal ek saath bitaaye hai...uska kya?

K: No...I would never want to break up Manik...we just have to find a way around this okay? Just a few more years and then Im all yours....tumhe shaadi karna hai ya jo bhi karna hai, Ill do it.

M: Aur tab tak? You think my family wont pressure me to get married? Mere dono bhaiyon ke shaadi bhi ho chukka hai. You know even though we are triplets, Im technically the eldest.....what will I tell my family?

K: Ill think of something. Anyways mera shoot shuru hone wala hai...love you baby!

M: Leki-

*Phonecall Ends*

The man, who was none other than famous rockstar Manik Malhotra looked at his phone in disbelief. "What the hell? Meri baat khatam bhi nahi hua and she hung up....God kya karun main iski!"

"Manik!" Nyonika, Manik's mother called out from downstairs. "Nashta tayyar hai niche aa jao!"

"Coming Mom!" Manik quickly chnaged and went downstairs where the rest of his family sat at the table. At the head sat his father, Raj Malhotra while his mom, Nyonika sat to his right, serving him hot parathas. On the left of Raj Malhotra sat his two brothers, Cabir & Abhimanyu Malhotra. Cabir was busy scarfing food down and Abhi was reading the morning paper. "Mom...phirse paratha? You know Im on a diet na?"

"Relax Manik...Parathe sirf Dad ke liye hai." A voice said from the back. Manik turned towards the kitchen and saw Abhi's wife and one of his best friends/ sister, Mukti come out of the kitchen with a plate of chicken stuffed omlette and toast. Mukti placed the plate infront of him. "This is for you."

"Oh thank god...thanks Mukti...thanks Mom." Manik started eating.

"Manik...we need to have a talk." Raj spoke up. "Tera shaadi ke baare mein kya plan hai?"

Manik almost choked on his food as his dad asked the one question he was dreading. "M...M..Matlab?"

"Matlab you are 27. Cabir aur Abhi...dono ki shaadi ho gaya. Tu kab karega? Koi girlfriend ya kuch banaya ki nahi?" Raj asked.

"Damn it..I cant tell Dad about Kritika. She would kill me...vaise bhi, Dad aur Mom kitna bhi open minded kyun na ho, I know they wont accept her. Yaar kya musibat hai..."

"Dude!" Cabir shook his brother to get his attention. "Kya soch raha hai? Kuch bol..."

"Uh...nahi Dad. Koi girlfriend nahi hai." Manik lied.

"Phir main apni Sue se baat karun?" Nyonika asked excitedly.

"Who?"

"Arre Sue...Sunaina Thappar? Meri college vali dost jiski do bete aur ek beti hai. Uski beti teri umar ki hai toh-"

"Mom...pls yaar! Aap log shubha subha shuru ho jaate hai. Nahi karna hai mujhe shaadi!" Manik objected and just stood up and left.

"Manik...Manik!" Nyonika called after him. "Yeh toh shaadi ki baat sunte hi bhaag jaate hai."

"Relax Mom...Manik ki kistmat me jo likha hai, woh ho ke hi rahega. Nobody can stop it, na aap na khud Manik." Abhi assured his mom.

"Haan mom...Mujhe aur Navya ko hi dekh lo. Jab main mili thi usse tab baat baat pe larayi karti thi ab-" Cabir stopped and thought. "Actually, larayi toh abhi bhi karti hai....lekin now she isnt that annoying."

Raj, Nyonika, Abhi & Mukti all stared at Cabir.

"Cabir...what was the point of that?" Mukti asked.

"Point yeh tha ki....paata nahi na yaar bhook lagi hai." Cabir complained.

"Toh tu kya hawa khaa raha hai?" Abhi looked at the plate full of food that was infront of Cabir. "Yeh khaana hi toh hai na."

Meanwhile after leaving Manik drove to a recording studio where his manager, Aryaman Khurrana was waiting for the past 2 hours.

"What the hell Manik? Itna late kaun aata hai?" Aryaman asked annoyed.

"Sorry bro, you know my family na? Phirse shuru ho gaye mere shaadi ko leke."

"Toh kar lo shaadi...kya problem hai? Its not like your seeing anyone." Aryaman said. Manik kept quiet. "Anyway...come on you have to rceord the last song for your album."

"Got it.."

Manik went into the recording area and soon the music started.

Kyun Aajkal Neend Kam Khwaab Jyada Hai

Lagta Khuda Ka Koi Nek Iraada Hain

Kal Ka Fakir Dil Aaj Shehzada Hain

Lagta Khuda Ka Koi Nek Iraada Hain

( Kya Mujhe Pyar Hain Aah

Kaisa Khumaar Hain Aah )... (x2)

Manik started singing, thinking about his girlfriend.

Pathhar Ke Inn Raston Pe

Phoolon Ki Ek Chadar Hain

Jabse Milen Ho Hamko

Badla Har Ek Manzar Hain

Dekho Jahaan Mein Neele Neele Aasmaan Tale

Rang Naye Naye Hain Jaise Ghulte Hue

Soye The Khwaab Mere Jaage Tere Waaste

Tere Khayaalon Me Hai Bheege Mere Raaste

( Kya Mujhe Pyar Hain Aah

Kaisa Khumaar Hain Aah )... (x2)

While singing, Manik had his eyes closed thinking about his girlfriend when suddenly the face changed

While singing, Manik had his eyes closed thinking about his girlfriend when suddenly the face changed. He couldnt see the face of the girl clearly but knew that it was not Kritika. He opened his eyes in shock....not understanding who he just saw and why.

---------------------------------------

Note: So here is the first chapter. How did you guys like it so far?

Pls comment and let me know what you think.