"Finally! Now, get out"

"I'm on my way Mochi. Y/n, I hope you will take good care of this boy while Ei is away" she winked at you, turned to the way out, where Scaramouche was already holding the door open, and smirked at him "Have fun, you two"

He just commented "You're reading too many novels" before slamming the door closed once again. That door must endure so much suffering every day.

"Ugh, she's so annoying. I'm no kid, damn, can't she leave me alone?"

"She's only concerned about you, and she was just doing what your mum told her to do. Your mum cares if you eat lunch or not, isn't that a good thing?"

"No, because I know my mum doesn't care. She probably didn't even talk about me with Yae, it's just that she wants to look good in Ei's eyes"

"Did you grow up with Yae by your side too?"

He looked at you for a moment, his face without any expression, difficult to read. It made you feel anxious, maybe you stopped over the line once again. But he quickly huffed lightly and, going for a chair in front of the kitchen island, his lips even curved up in a small smile "Don't give me that look, it wasn't too personal. You worry about others too much, I wonder if you even have time to take care of yourself. Anyway, yes, Ei and Yae are really close friends since high school, CEO Miko was like an aunt for me. The type of annoying aunt, the one who always butt in your business and doesn't give you any privacy, the one that will always pinch your cheeks too hard and that at your birthdays would tug at your ear lobes for life sake. Ugh, I even used to believe she really was my mum's sister for a while, thank the archons we don't have a single drop of blood in common"

Some more time passed, you just kept on talking for another hour or so. Now, you were having a hard time convincing Scaramouche to cook something with you.

"We played around for so much time! It's already 12:30 am, by the time the food is ready it will be over 1pm! You want to delay it even more? If you're tired I can cook alone, I kinda like it, it's relaxing"

"I can cook too, you know. And I like it too. But don't you need to go home to eat?"

"No, my parents are at their friends' place, I would eat alone if I had to go home... but if you don't want me here just say it, I'll leave, don't worry"

"Stop saying those kinds of things, for fuck sake. Do you think I'm someone who restrains himself from saying what he thinks? Especially if it's something mean like 'fuck off'? If I don't tell you off then you can stay, drill it in your dumb brain"

<<I guess that's some way of saying that he actually likes when I'm around, maybe. He sure has some intricate way to say 'thanks for visiting me' sheesh>> you thought, but you were sure you would have stayed there staring at nothing and beyond if you didn't stop your thoughts. Best way is always to start and talk, or rather say whatever cross your mind "Well... thanks then. So! Let's just decide what we want to eat, let's go real quick to the supermarket to buy something just so I don't eat for free and then let's start, how does it sound?"

"Awful, I really don't wanna go out, especially to the supermarket where I always manage to find Hu Tao. And you don't need to repay me for the food, the hell. You even brought ice-cream for breakfast, so quit it."

"Oh... well, thanks...? I'll be sure to offer you lunch in the future thought"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say" he got up from the chair and took out some vegetables from the fridge: zucchinis, carrots, beans, onions, tomatoes... he just kept going, till half the island was full of boxes carrying different types of vegetables. "Fried rice with veggies? Is it ok with you?"