Chapter 7

Jisoo was once again going through the security camera's near all the places that body's have been found. Either they were too far away or it was too dark too see anything. 

The only thing you could hear was the sound of a gun firing and then a soft thud that somebody had fallen down, and there was nothing but Jisoo was determined to find a clue about who the murderer was. 

But there was nothing. 

-

The next morning, Mr. Kim stood in the group room, looking at all the evidence. 

Lisa stepped into the room as soon as she saw him. "Oh, Lisa." He said, "What are you doing?" She asked. 

"Where is Jisoo?" He asked, Lisa shrugged. "On her way, I guess." Lisa said, going over to the coffee machine. 

"She has been out of focus the latest days, why?" Mr. Kim asked, Lisa sighed.

"Ask her yourself, you're her boss." Lisa said, "She is distracted." He said, "Does that affect her work? I think she's doing a great job." Lisa said, Mr. Kim nodded. "Yes, but I can't risk her running around with some lover of her while she's in the middle of a dangerous case, if so I have to fix a new group leader." Mr. Kim said, Lisa stared at the older male. 

"Don't worry." Lisa said, faking a smile. 

-

Jisoo entered the police station, taking the elevator upstairs to the 4th floor. 

Lisa, Jungkook and Soyeon were drinking coffee while Namjoon was cleaning up the kitchen. 

"Hey." Jisoo said, "Hi." All of them said, "Let's start, shall we?" Jisoo said, walking towards the group room. 

-

Soyeon was looking through the class photos from the High School and middle school. 

She stopped when she saw one of the middle school class photos. It was shown the class, most of the students murdered but there was one student that didn't fit in. 

Soyeon stared at the girl for a long time, the student was a woman and the photo was taken from when the class was 15 years old. The girl had brown long hair, the school uniform. 

Jisoo and Lisa passed her, drinking coffee while talking. 

"Hey, Jisoo, Lisa!" Soyeon yelled quietly, both of the females turned to face Soyeon. 

"Who's this?" She asked, showing them the class photo from almost 15 years ago. 

Lisa and Jisoo scanned it, "Who's she?" Lisa asked, "I don't know." Soyeon said, Jisoo just stared at the photo. Somehow the female student was familar but she couldn't reconize her. 

"This is when they were all 15 years old, last year of middle school. All of the them went to the same high school but her, why?" Soyeon asked, "We need to know who she is." Lisa said, Jisoo nodded. 

"Call the middle school now, I need to run some erends, call me as soon as you find out something." Jisooo said, Soyeon nodded. 

"She's back at it again." Lisa sighed, "What?" Soyeon asked, "She's going back to her bubble... Mr. Kim has an eye on her." The older female said, "Oh." Soyeon said, Lisa nodded. 

-

Jisoo and Jennie were eating lunch at Jennie's apartment, "Why did you become a police officer?" Jennie asked, "Oh, I studied criminology in university and I saw a poster about joining the police force so I said 'why not' kind of." Jisoo laughed, "Oh." Jennie said, smiling. 

Suddenly Jisoo's phone began ringing, "Oh, I'm sorry but I have to take this." Jisoo apolgized. 

"No, don't worry." Jennie mumbled. Jisoo smiled and got up. 

"Hey, Soyeon, did you find out anything?" Jisoo asked in a quiet room, she walked into the other room, Jennie could still see her though. 

"Yeah, I did. I called the school and asked them about the student. They sent their folders and we looked through them. The student's name is Jennie Kim, she moved to New Zealand when she was 16 but arrived back in Seoul in 2020."  Soyeon said. 

Jisoo stayed quiet as she listened, she couldn't believe what Soyeon had to say, "Should I send over a photo of how she looks now, she's on the records in New Zealand for doing drugs back in 2019."  Soyeon asked, "Y-yeah, um..." Jisoo didn't know what to say, she quickly got a glance of Jennie who was looking at her phone. 

"Where are you by the way?" Soyeon asked, "Oh, I'm at the store." Jisoo lied. The two exchanged their goodbyes as Jisoo was waiting for the photo to be sent. 

Jisoo sighed, turning around to see Jennie looking at her with a warm smile. 

Jisoo gulped, aware that she was in the same room as a serial killer, maybe. She wanted to believe that this was another Jennie Kim. She couldn't lie tho, the resembles between her and the photo of the 15 year old student was very similar. Jennie stood up and made her way to Jisoo. 

"I-I need to go, it's work. I'm sorry." Jisoo said, trying to not to sound anxious or scared. She needed to be professional. 

Jennie pouted, "No, why?" Jennie asked, "Work, they need me and I need them." Jisoo sadly smiled. "Oh, then you should go. Will you come over later?" Jennie asked, smiling. 

"Maybe." Jisoo said, "Alright, bye. I love you." Jennie said and leaned into kissing Jisoo on the lips. 

"Bye, I l-love you too." Jisoo said, staring into Jennie's eyes for a brief second. Trying to convience herself Jennie wasn't the murderer. 

-

Jisoo ran out of the apartment complex and drove to a hill where she used to spend her Summer days years ago. 

She got out of the car, scared. Jisoo couldn't describe this feeling. Did she fall in love with a serial killer, Jisoo was a police officer after all. 

Her phone beeped, meaning she got a message. It was from Soyeon. Did she dare to open it? Was she ready to face the truth if the woman she fell in love with was a serial killer. 

As slowly as she could she opened the message and saw the photo of a woman. Black long hair that went to her chest. It was quite messy and the makeup on the woman was smugged. 

The woman wore prision clothes and held up the number plate. 

It was Jennie Kim indeed, a 3 year younger version of her. The same woman Jisoo had fallen in love with. 

a/n: *dramatic drum sounds* lol, the book is coming to end soon sadly! qotd: what's your favorite ice cream? -bby.rae