Prologue: Soldier and his ethics

As a soldier one of my goal is to maintain the peace of the country by fighting and protecting it with all I have. I am a well-known soldier in today's generation. I killed a lot of assassin's who tried ruining our mission. I killed a thousands of terrorists that tried to plant a bomb on different stations. There are a lot of criminology students who idolized me for my bravery. While, my family I have none, ever since I was young my parents died and I am their only child. I was adopted by a former General Officer, he took good care of me but I never felt love around him. He is a good step father, he disciplined me well, but he never loved me the way a father should do.

My life, it wasn't like an ordinary life. I realized that when I was growing. Araw-araw akong nag-ttraining because my Dad told me that his son must be the best and training like hell was the best for me. I admit, growing up wasn't a good experience I was hopeless back then, I wanted to die because of pain and loneliness that i've been feeling. Everyday was like hell for me and I couldn't complain because I should be thankful for being alive, right?

Today is awaited day, a ceremony for my victorious mission against the underground organization. I took them all down with my own hands. They all begged for their lives but I never felt emotions since the day I swore to be a soldier. Since, I become a soldier I become someone who doesn't feel any emotions; love, sadness, happiness? name all the emotions you know, but I don't give a damn about those petty feelings of yours.

"Congratulations, Son!" My dad greeted me as he enter my room.

He look around for a few seconds and turn his gaze on me. I can tell by his look that he was proud but not happy. He walk towards me and as he reached me he tap my shoulder. I stood up from sitting in my swivel chair and saluted at him. Not because I was his adopted son doesn't mean I have special treatment.

"Thank you, Sir." I said while saluting.

He laughed at me and cover his mouth while giggling. To be honest, this is the first time I saw him like this. Earlier, I said he wasn't happy perhaps I was wrong. He looks so happy and proud.

"Drop the formalities, Anak." Sabi nito habang umiiling-iling sa tawa.

I bow my head as a sign of respect and offers the sit in front of my desk. But, he put himself on to the couch behind the chair, instead. I sit on my swivel chair and remain my neutral face as I faced him. The buzzing of the wind coming from the aircon was the noise that I have been hearing. Honestly, this is so damn awkward!

"How are you?" He asked trying to break the silence.

"I am good." I answered not wasting any time.

"Sir..." Another soldier came in and saluted on us. He is on the middle rank, I could tell by his medal.

"Continue." I gave him permission to speak as I saw that his hesitant.

"The ceremony is about to start, pinapatawag na kayong dalawa." He said and saluted once again.

"Tell them, we'll follow." I saluted back and prepare myself.

My step dad left first and I was left all alone in my room. I tucked my uniform and look at the mirror. I look clean and a good soldier. This is the day, the day that I promised to fulfill.

Lumabas ako ng opisina ko at tinahak ang daan palabas. Napakaraming tao sa court na matatagpuan sa gilid ng kampo namin. Napakaraming kapulisan na may iba't-ibang ranggo at naka pila at nag-aantay. And, as soon as they see me they saluted on me. As a sign of respect and discipline, I saluted back on them with neutral face. Umakyat ako sa stage at umupo sa upuan na nasa tabi nito. Then, the ceremony started. As usual, the announcer greeted the people and started calling the awardees like a usual ceremony at schools and other competition. And as the star of this ceremony, my name is found on the last list. They also told me to prepare a short speech for them.

"I now call on the star of this ceremony, Lieutenant General Theros Axzel Dimitri"

People started to applauds their hands as my name has been called by the announcer. I look at them with a neutral face and I won't let a single smile escape from my lips. Tumayo ako sa harap ng mic at sinubukan itong i-tap kung tutunog and it is working. I didn't prepared a speech because I don't want to. But I guess, I really have to make my own at this moment.

"Hello! I am beyond glad to see you guys in here. Thank you so much for being here and I appreciate all of your efforts. I would like to thanked General Officer for making this come true by disciplining me well. To those soldiers who are in here, I hope you get your own credentials and medals, someday. Remember, it takes time to success."

Matapos ang aking speech ay nagpalakpakan silang lahat. All of them looks happy and some looks proud. It was all nice until a loud noise interrupt, causing chaos to everyone.

BANG! BANG!

A sound of sniper. I knew I was the target I was the star of this event, anyways. Have I imagined this happening? As a soldier, this situation isn't something peculiar. This is the norm and morality. If you want to survive you have to think fast and outside the box.

I inspected the surroundings while hiding behind a table full of medals and certificates. Some soldiers have run away and those are the coward one who's heart haven't trained properly, yet. As I examined the surroundings thoroughly, I saw a shadow on the room in front of me. BINGO!

Another rule of surviving: Do not let yourself be found or else you'll die.

I took my glock 19 out of my mag pouch and point it towards the shadow and shoot it.

BANG! BANG! It was the sound of my gun and in a blink of an eye, I saw the body fell down.

"SECURE THE AREA AND DON'T LET THAT GUY ESCAPE." I commanded with full of authority while pointing the guy on the room.

They all rush down and went to their designated position. While, me—I rush to that room where I shoot the guy. My heart is racing from anger as I continue from walking. After a couple of minutes, I was in front of the door. I tilt the doorknob and I almost startled when it wasn't lock. I don't know if this guy is too dumb or too stupid for letting the door unlocked. But then, I was dumfounded when I saw a room with a bag of gun on the floor but there is no one in there.

"FVCK!" I cursed in disbelief.

"SEARCH THE AREA!" I shouted and told them all to leave.

This is the first time that someone had escaped on me and I will never reckon a defeat. This will be the first and last, the next time I saw the guy behind this; I'll make sure he'll lament doing this. Fvck him for ruining this day! Fvck him for ruining my mood! Fvck him for ruining my promised.

A promised to never lose in any encounter.