[6] A Mom Like You

Start bij het begin

"Hi." Killua smiled a small smile and offered a shy wave.

"You know, I was thinking about you this weekend."

"You were?" Killua blinked. "Well, what a coincidence; I was thinking of you too."

"Really?" Gon grinned. "And what were you thinking about?"

"I dunno, Gon. What were you thinking about?"

"Well, I was thinking about how I missed hanging out with you this weekend and how I so want you to meet my friends from New York this summer. The whole crew's coming out here for a while."

Killua had almost forgotten people had friends that weren't him; Not in a narcissistic way, but out of his little world, nothing else really exists.

But the look on Gon's face that held pure excitement and anticipation made him want to notice the plentiful worlds around him.

"I dunno. What if they don't like me much?"

"They will, I swear!" Gon laughed. "How could they not?"

"Oh, they have plenty of reasons." He scoffed. "But, on the off chance they do like me, I'll try to like them too."

"Good. 'Cause they're pretty awesome." Gon said. "Killua, have you read Orbiting Jupiter?" 

"Yeah, why? Have you?" Killua perked up at the sound of a book he'd read.

"I started it. Penny recommended it to me—You know her, right?"

"Lukic? Yeah, I know her."

"So, you guys are friends? We should all hang out sometime, she's really cool too! We could go to the mall after school today. Penny and I were gonna go hang out there, so you can tag along." Gon spewed.

"Oh, uhm, didn't realize you guys were so close." He laughed. "And sure. I was headed there after school anyways."

Come time for their science class in the Chemistry lab, Penny and Dominic sat across from Killua and Gon for their group project. Of course, Killua had no desire to be anywhere near Penny and Dominic's group—mostly due to Dominic being present—but alas, Gon's close connection and friendship with the short girl triumphed over his strong disdain for the tyrant.

As the documentary they'd take notes on began rolling its beginning credits, Gon whispered to Killua.

"Psst. Do you mind taking the notes? Focusing isn't my strong suit." He laughed sheepishly.

Of course, Killua was happy to do anything Gon needed him to because they were good friends. The greatest he'd had in a while. So, he agreed and took notes from the documentary lecture.

Around the end of the thirty minute documentary, Killua was disrupted by whispers. He assumed Dominic was flirting with Penny again and sat up swiftly to shut them up, but quickly stopped.

Gon and Penny whispered with each other, laughing and giggling in the dark as everyone else took notes.

The lights flicked back on and everyone began the start of their own experiments, Dominic starting on his own. Killua just stared with uncalled for frustration.

"I like your hair, Penny." Gon complimented with a grin and warm smile.

"Oh, thank you!" She smiled small. "I thought it was starting to look weird now that my roots are showing, but you know...I like your freckles!"

What? Penny liked Gon's freckles? That's not fair. Killua wanted to say the same thing. He was going to say the same thing. But he didn't.

"My freckles? Oh, thanks!"