Chapter 20 • Fight

Start from the beginning

When he did, I puffed out my cheeks while crossing my eyes to my nose. He instantly smiled then looked back down at his paper so he wouldn't laugh out loud.

I grinned, knowing I could make him laugh instantly.

Once class was over, Clay walked out of the classroom without waiting for me like usual. This made me frown as I hurried after him.

I chased him until I caught up with him. I grabbed his wrist and turned him around to me.

Y/N:
"Hey, why're you ignoring me?"

CLAY:
"I'm not." He lied.

Y/N:
"Right." I rolled my eyes, "Is this about last night?"

CLAY:
"L—last night?"

Y/N:
"Yeah I mean...us, cuddling..."

His eyes widened as he looked even more nervous.

Y/N:
"I didn't think it was that big of a deal...and you seemed like you liked it so what changed this morning?"

Clay swallowed hard as his eyes were scanning the hallways, like he was waiting for someone to show up.

Y/N:
"Clay, hellooo?" I snapped in front of his face, making his daze revert back to me, "Tell me what's going on."

He sighed nervously with a frown.

CLAY:
"It's nothing, okay? I don't wanna talk about it."

My lips curled down as my eyes fell to the floor.

Y/N:
"B—but we've always been able to talk to each other...what changed..?"

He shut his eyes while shaking his head then George came up to us.

GEORGE:
"Hey Y/N, we should get to math." He pulled me by the wrist before I could finish my conversation with Clay.

I looked over my shoulder at Clay with a frown, he returned one back at me. Once George and I made it to Math, I stopped him near the doorway.

Y/N:
"George, why'd you drag me off like that?" I rubbed my wrist, "That kinda hurt..."

His eyes widened as he looked down at my now red wrist.

GEORGE:
"Shit—I'm sorry. I just, really didn't wanna be late for math." He lied.

Y/N:
"It's okay. Do you know what's going on with Clay? He completely ignored me in Chemistry and just now, he wouldn't tell me what's going on."

The corner of George's lips curled up but quickly faltered away, like he was trying to contain his happiness, it made my eyes narrow at him.

GEORGE:
"Just family problems." He shrugged, "Anyway, I was thinking after tutoring today, we could go to the park like we used to."

Y/N:
"What about your parents?"

GEORGE:
"They said it was okay." He lied with a light smile.

Y/N:
"Really?" My eyebrows squished together.

GEORGE:
"Mhm." He nodded, "So, the park? What do you say?"

Y/N:
"O—okay. But um...could you tell me what's specially going on with Clay? I mean, I've never seen him like this before and it's making me really anxious." I frowned, "We can always talk to each other about anything and now he's shutting me out..."

George clenched his jaw.

GEORGE:
"Clay's a big boy, he can take care of himself."

My eyes widened as my eyebrows squished together.