Chapter 5 • Virgin

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
My parents helped me with my hangover. They understood I was in high school and since it was my last year, they let it slide but only this one time.

I woke up early the next morning to drink coffee and take medicine for my headache. The combination of those helped.

Once I did my makeup, I put my hair up in a ponytail, letting the extra strands shape my face. Then I put on my outfit for the day.

You wore this:

Once I was fully ready, I said bye to my parents, shut the door then was met with Clay's white car in my driveway like usual

I ran to the car then climbed inside and set my backpack down.

NICK:
"How's my hungover wife?" He smiled while looking over his shoulder at me.

Y/N:
"Tired." I sighed.

I then noticed George wasn't next to me in the backseat like usual. My eyebrows squished together as I looked at Clay.

Y/N:
"Where's George?"

Clay sighed nervously.

CLAY:
"His parents weren't too happy about him drinking so they grounded him. He can't come back to school for 2 days."

Y/N:
"All that does is hurt his grades, that's stupid." I squished my eyebrows together, buckling myself up.

CLAY:
"That's George's parents for ya." He sighed.

NICK:
"Start the car, Clay Block, we're gonna be late."

CLAY:
"I was waiting for her to get buckled up, chill Sippy Cup."

Nick scoffed as Clay took off driving.

After the short drive, we arrived at the school. The 3 of us walked together side by side like usual when all eyes were on us suddenly, more specifically me. Some were laughing, others were frowning.

We exchanged puzzled glances at each other but shook it off as we entered.

The 3 of us made it to my locker. When we did, there was a crowd around it. I pushed through them the best I could to see what was happening. I froze as my shoulder's dropped at the sight.

Written on my locker in red was the word: "Virgin".

Clay and Nick pushed through the people and noticed my locker. Their expressions immediately dropped as their eyes widened. Tears filled my eyes fast as the crowd started laughing at me. My lip quivered as I looked to my left, seeing Wilbur with a red marker, holding it against his cheek while high fiving Zak. They both were laughing at me as well.

Suddenly, Mr. Jay came around the corner to see us.

MR. JAY:
"Everything okay here?"

The crowed stepped back for Mr. Jay to see my locker. His eyes fell to me, seeing the tears stream down my face as I frowned. He sighed while shaking his head then he scanned the area. Wilbur quickly put the marker in his black jacket so he wouldn't see.

That's when I pushed through people, running towards the bathroom as fast as I could.

-CLAY'S POV-
My eyes widened with a frown at her. Then I shot a hard glare at Wilbur and Zak as my nose twitched, about to run straight at them when Nick grabbed my arm. I looked at him quickly.

NICK:
"Help her. I'll deal with them." He spoke firmly.

I nodded with a nervous sigh as I ran in the direction Y/N did.

After a while of running around, I couldn't find her. I sighed nervously while running my hand through my hair when I suddenly heard a sniffle.

My eyebrows squished together as I turned around to the girls bathroom. I gulped nervously as I checked my surroundings to make sure I wasn't being watched. Then, I quickly pushed the door open to see Y/N sitting down on the cold tile, holding her knees to her chest as her head rested on them.

CLAY:
"Y/N—" my eyes widened as I sat down next to her, the door automatically shutting behind me.

-Y/N's POV-

Y/N:
"C—Clay?" My voice cracked.

Clay immediately wrapped his arms around my shoulders, holding me close to him as our heads leaned against each other.

Y/N:
"Y—you can't be in here. You're gonna get in trouble."

He split apart from me while holding my cheeks, wiping my tears away.

CLAY:
"I don't care. I need you to be okay." He frowned.

I lightly smiled as I sniffled. He let go of my cheeks, making me wipe my face with my hand.

CLAY:
"I'm gonna kick Wilbur's ass later, don't worry."

I lifted my head up to him as I frowned.

Y/N:
"No."

His eyebrows squished together.

Y/N:
"I don't want you getting in trouble."

CLAY:
"Anyone who hurts you is automatically ending up in trouble by me, Y/N." He locked his eyes on mine.

I smiled, sniffling again as more tears collapsed down my cheeks. Clay wiped them away with his thumbs.

Y/N:
"I don't need you fighting my battles for me."

CLAY:
"So are you saying you're gonna drop kick Wilbur in the balls for me?"

I bursted out laughing.

Y/N:
"No, silly."

He smiled at me.

Y/N:
"I mean..." my smile slightly faded, "I appreciate this, I do but...he's not worth it."

Clay sighed while moving my hair out of my face, putting it behind my ears.

Y/N:
"This is our last year of high school. And, I wanna enjoy it. The way I can is if you stay out of trouble. I can't have anything ruining your future."

He raised his eyebrows with a wide smile.

CLAY:
"My..." he laughed, "My future?"

Y/N:
"Yeah. I want you to go to a good school and graduate, get married and live a long and happy life." I smiled.

-CLAY's POV-
I smiled again with a hardcore blush I hope she couldn't see. I nodded while looking down at my lap.

CLAY:
"I will live a happy life if you stay in it."

She pouted while smiling.

Y/N:
"Clay, stop." She laughed, "You're going all soft on me."

CLAY:
"Is that such a bad thing?" I grinned.

She sighed contently while leaning her head on my shoulder. After a few moments of silence, she spoke.

Y/N:
"Never change who you are, Clay..." she spoke softly with a smile.

I huffed out a smile while leaning my head against hers.

CLAY:
"Ditto..."

❥Thanks for reading!
Final word count: 1081