Chapter IX. "Truth"

Childe and La signora both bowed their head as Ei stood upon them. "Welcome." Ei said, greeting them. "State your issue."

Childe stood back up alongside Signora as Childe replied. "This is about Scaramouche, again. But it's urgent.."
All three had a major conversation about Scaramouche and his mental health. The diary was also included in the conversation and the fact that Scaramouche was involved with Heizou's passing as well showed that something needed to be done urgently. Therefore it pushed Ei to make a final decision.

-

Kazuha was examining Scaramouche's injuries for a check up . "It seems to be healing..so you should be alright in an hour or so." Scaramouche sighed, closing his eyes. He felt so happy having Kazuha take care of him. But because of what was going to happen, he feared that Kazuha would despise him forever.

"Would you care for some tea?" Kazuha offered Scaramouche. The violet haired boy shook his head no. "Very well then," Kazuha said as he sat next to him. The two sat in silence for a moment.

-

La Signora opened the front door, allowing the guards to go inside. "He should be in that room right there." She told them. Childe slowly walked behind them as they open up the door to find that Scaramouche wasn't present.

"Where the hell could he had gone?" La Signora questioned. Childe walked back outside, staring at the direction of Kazuha's place. He then caught everyone's attention, pointing in that exact location. "He may be at his friend's place, let's hurry and go there."

La Signora led the guards to where Childe was pointing. Afterwards, he closed the outside of the front door. As they were hunting down Scaramouche, Childe felt like a villain. He wasn't fully sure if by doing this, Scaramouche would become any better by having this happen to him. But it was too early to say. Childe then quickly caught up to La Signora and the guards.

-
Scaramouche fiddled around with his hands as Kazuha was finishing up with some reading. Scaramouche wanted to confess to Kazuha about what he has done. But how? How should he go along with telling Kazuha that his own boyfriend was the cause of a friend's death? Kazuha noticed that Scaramouche seemed nervous.

"Is everything alright Scara?" Kazuha asked, worried. Scaramouche didn't answer as he panicked to try and think of how he should tell Kazuha. The maple boy raised up Scaramouche's chin, looking him directly in the eyes. "Please Scaramouche, what's wrong?" Scaramouche looked elsewhere, wanting to avoid eye contact with Kazuha.

"I have something to tell you." He finally told him. He then went on to say, "But I dont think you'll like it." Kazuha sat back down as he replied, "..Alright- what is it that you want to tell me?" Scaramouche's heart felt like it was going to explode. "Remember when everyone found out that someone died?" Kazuha stared at Scaramouche. "Why is that important?" He questioned.

Before Scaramouche could say why, they both heard a knock on the door. "...fuck" Scaramouche whispered to himself. Kazuha got up and slowly look out the peek hole. As he looked out, he saw guards outside waiting for an answer from the door. They both then heard the voice of a guard from outside.

"We know you're in there, Scaramouche. If you want to avoid any conflict I'd advise you surrender yourself to us." Kazuha looked back at Scaramouche. "Scara.. what did you do?"

Scaramouche got up and He walked towards Kazuha. "I murdered Heizou." He admitted. Kazuha eyes widened. "You're joking..you didn't really.." Scaramouche shook his head. He really did do it. Kazuha frowned. "How could you? Why would you kill Heizou??" Scaramouche didn't respond.