Chapter 15

This chapter is dedicated to d0ll_fxce thanks for the beautiful cover sis!

I left the room and jogged to the disciplinary room, keeping my head low as I tried my best to avoid the stares I was getting from the trainees. It was kind of hard with a bandage wrapped around my head and bruises on my hands and neck but I kept my head low and walked on, avoiding contact with any trainee in my path.

If what Linda and Joel told me was true, I could easy tap from someone's ability and I didn't want that. Me being a vessel means I could go home quicker than I thought. And that would happen if I avoided contact with anyone.

While I was walking, I met Rissa and Sasha having a conversation, Sasha was flailing her arms around while Rissa struck her chin like she was deep in thought. I don't think Rissa was listening to what Sasha was saying but I don't think Sasha noticed because she kept on talking.

I approached them and waved "Hey guys." They both turned to look at me as I greeted.

"Hi! Rose. Where are you off to?" Sasha asked.

"Well, I'm going to the disciplinary room. I was called in, it's about what happened earlier."

"Well, we were called too. Come on, let's go." Sasha said cheerfully, lacing her hands with mine and Rissa's as she walked. I winced at the pain that shot up my arm and looked at Sasha but she gave me an apologetic smile. That wasn't even why I was angry.

She ruined my awesome plan in less than 5 minutes!

I looked at Rissa and she seemed very angry about something but I didn't ask. Instead, I focused on what Sasha said. I mean, I had to. She kept tugging my wounded arm to get my attention.

"So, Rose, I know you're very uncomfortable with us especially after what happened in the dining hall, you have every right to be. I'd be scared if I was in your shoes but I assure you!! We did it to protect you from that animal. Bleurrgh!" She made a face as she mentioned Mitchell. "Did you see the fangs that came out from his mouth? So big and sharp and dirty! I just wanted to melt his teeth off, it was so.. so.. ewww! I'm so happy we all took care of things before they got out of hand and we will do it again if he tries anything funny, you have nothing to worry about, right Rissa?" Sasha asked.

Rissa was still deep in thought because she didn't answer so Sasha nudged her shoulder. At first, Rissa looked surprised as to why she was pushed but when she saw us looking at her curiously, she scowled and removed her arm that Sasha was holding.
"I don't care, Rissa is not a baby. Stop sweet talking her to be with us. You don't need to assure her security before she comes close to you. If she wants to be with us, let her. If she doesn't, she can get lost." She walked on, leaving a confused Sasha and I behind.

"What's her problem?" I asked, annoyed by Rissa's words.

I never asked for security. She introduced me to her friends. And they helped me with Mitchell. I never asked them for help. Why would she say something as stupid and insensitive as that?

"I don't know, Rissa's never like this." Sasha said. I looked at her but she shrugged and continued walking. We walked together till we got to the disciplinary room. Sasha tugging my hands as she talked.

As usual, everything in the room was coloured in white. From the walls to the chairs to the long 12 seater table to the microphones that were placed in the middle and facing the disciplinary committee.

On the side of the disciplinary committee, there were three seats which were taken by Mrs Yasmin, Dr Susan and Mr Javier respectively.
Mrs Yasmin wore a plain off-shoulder maroon dress with ruby studs on her ears. She sat on the left side of Dr Susan, trying hard not to look anxious as she tapped her feet on the floor and looked at Dr Susan, the trainees seated opposite her and the walls every five seconds.