Chapter 32. Family mess

Y/n's POV:

"Baby, have you seen my thin black tie?" Elizabeth's voice is heard from the bedroom as I stand in the bathroom and pick the right lipstick for my outfit, which today has become an elegant red long-sleeved jumpsuit instead of a regular dress.

"Why do you need a tie?" I peek around the corner, watching as El paces back and forth across the room with her shirt unbuttoned and her eyes running around every corner.

"To stuff it in your mouth, so you don't ask silly questions, darling," she smiles playfully, winking at me and continues to rummage through her things.

"No, I mean, wait a minute," I walk up to her, taking her arm and turning her around to face me, "show me the jacket you are going to wear." She nods and returns a minute later with a velvet black suit jacket, handing it to me.

"Maybe you should wear that black V-neck blouse of yours and no tie, what do you think?" I flick my eyes between her and the piece of clothing, mentally considering which is best.

"Whatever you say is better," she smiles at me, looking straight into my eyes and forcing me to do the same.

"I'm flattered how much you trust my taste," I peck her lips, leaving my hand to rest on her chest and she covers it with hers, moving it to her heart.

"Are you nervous?" I can feel her racing heartbeat through the thin fabric of her shirt, peering into her big angelic eyes.

"A little bit. There's going to be a lot of people there and I don't feel very comfortable among the crowds," she says in a quiet voice, biting her lip and grabs my other hand, bringing my palm to her lips to leave a couple of little kisses there, making me melt into that moment of tenderness.

"We can always run away, remember how it was during that event?" I remind her and she just nods back at me, squeezing both my hands in hers.

"Just know that my family's opinion will never change how I feel about you, okay?" Elizabeth's words make me wary given that last time she told me that everything went well, but I decide not to start the talk about it, feeling that this is the last thing she needs right now. "And you look amazing in this jumpsuit by the way," she gives me an admiring look, causing a pink blush to appear on my cheeks.

"Thank you, honey. And yes, I know that it won't change anything. Come on now, finish dressing up and let's go," I give her an affectionate smile, thinking to myself that it's definitely going to be a long day.

——————————
"We're in the classic Harley Quinn theme today, black and red," I say as I get out of the car with El, grab a beautiful bouquet of scarlet roses and head towards the huge door of the mansion.

"I look like I've come to someone's funeral," she replies, setting her car alarm and taking my hand in hers.

"Let's say it's the funeral of your heterosexual image and you look absolutely stunning," I try to cheer her up, noticing how her lips break into a small smile and look around, seeing several expensive luxury cars around. Yeah, today I ended up clearly not in my usual social circle again.

"Oh, my parents are already here," I exclaim, pointing on their car among the others and realizing that at least we won't be here alone, feeling how Elizabeth squeezes my hand, approaching the porch.

"Gotta say hello to them a bit later," she gives me a nervous smile before pressing the doorbell.

"Lizzie, hi, my dear," her mother immediately pulls her into a hug and I meet the stern gaze of her father, who is standing next to her, immediately starting to feel uncomfortable.