Chapter 4: Alex

We walked back to the place where we had left our carrier and it was gone. "Shit", Mac said furiously. Miguel said, "Now what do we do?" "We walk", Autumn said. I looked over at her and nodded my head. We started to walk to our destination which was 500 miles away. It was silent, way too silent I thought to myself. My black armor with crimson details had shined in the sun and my black visor made it look like nothing was in the armor but a ghost. My life before becoming becoming a spartan was very brief. I was just a normal kid who lived with his two loving parents until one day when I was taken. At the age of six I was taken in to become a spartan. I was a part of the Spartan II program also known as the ORION Project Generation II which had began in 2506. The SPARTAN-II candidates were sedated and taken to the colony world of Reach in 2517. We trained under Chief Petty Officer Mendez. Our names were our given names with a combination of numbers, with family names being discarded. We went through rough training that push us to our limits and beyond. We were taught discipline, respect, and honor. We were taught how to kill and how to tell from what's right and what's wrong. We were taught mathematics, science, reading, writing, and military tactics. At the age of fourteen we went through biological augmentation procedures which killed 30 of 75 conscripted children and crippled 12 of them. In the end only 33 of us survived without any physiological deformities. I was trained harder than the others due to my limits being pushed even farther. I have done of 9 million push-ups in my life and never broke a sweat, my team with me as a leader won every single capture the flag exercise known in history as well as every other training exercise. I had become best friends with Miguel who we always stuck together in exercises of double team. One of my good friends that I trained with is known as John but he is known as the Master Chief. I was trained to becoming leader of a squad, they told me that I would be leader of a high ranked squad, Delta Squad.