Chapter 3: The Flood

We continued to ride through the road on our warthog it was 12:00 P.M. and I thought over and over about what happened. My squad looked at me concerned about me. I then said, "Don't be worried about me right now worry about what will happen if we can't contact anyone at all." I then noted something, "It's a bit quiet." Miguel said, "We've noticed that." I said, "A bit too quiet, something's not right." I looked at my radar and it spotted something, it was 125 meters away, but we were moving at 100 mph meaning it was following us. "We're being followed put something on the pedal so the warthog will keep on moving." Mac grabbed a brick from under his seat. Miguel asked, "Why do you have a brick under your seat." Mac said, "The brick comforts me when I'm scared, but it looks like I'm going to have to find a new one." He put the brick on the pedal. "Everyone turn off your helmets and on my mark we jump off the warthog and into cover." We all did so and we all jumped into the grass and dropped to the floor. We waited until the thing passed. The covenant was on a ground carrier which held 2 wraiths and 4 ghosts. I signalled everyone to board the carrier quickly and take everything out. We jumped onto the carrier Delta and Alpha Squad were now in a competition to see who gets the most kills, but then we saw something. It wasn't covenant on the carrier, it was the flood. I shot as many flood as I could hoping to not die by the parasitic life form.  We fought with caution and we took over the carrier. Seconds later we heard a marines stuck in the forest so we went to help them. We walked over to the location of the marines, but we were to late the flood got them. The flood spore entered the marine's body and started infecting him, the marine vomited blood and mutated into a horrific looking creature with a twisted body with one tentacle like arm that grabbed a gun and began to shoot at us. I dodged the bullets and charged at the monster. Meanwhile the squads took care of the rest of the marines. I grabbed the mutated marine and threw him to the ground. Then I shot the gun out of his hand and grabbed it's leg. I then flung him upwards but then smashed him against the ground hard enough to make his body burst open. We won this small battle agaisnt the flood, but we knew this was no time to celebrate for that was only the beginning.