Not a moment later, Camilo's face pokes in between a bush and tree right in front of the two of you. "Hey! Tia Julieta dice que es hora de s'mores."

        "Okay, one second!" Mirabel catches one last firefly and lets it go at last as Camilo curiously makes his way over to you.

        "What are you doing?"

        You lift your hands up, presenting the little bug to him. "Catching fireflies. It's really fun, actually."

        Camilo smiles, studying your face as you watch the insect fly off, glowing in the dim light. You smile and turn to find Camilo looking at you. Immediately, he looks away, clears his throat, and motions for you and Mirabel to follow. "Vamos! I want to get there before Dolores!"

        "You just want to get her s'mores."

        Camilo shrugs, hurrying along. "Eh, guilty as charged."

        You and Mirabel roll your eyes as you both follow after him.

        The clearing isn't far from where the camp is set up, so it doesn't take long to get back. The moment you do, Camilo grabs some marshmallows and a s'mores stick. He sits next to the fire, glancing towards you and gesturing you over.

        "Here, I'm making us both s'mores. Do you like the marshmallow burnt or just toasted?"

        You grin, settling down next to him and thinking for a moment. "You know, I... heh, I've never had s'mores."

        His eyes widen and he gapes at you, almost as if he were offended. "What! You've never had s'mores?" He practically shouts at you, making you laugh and attempt to shush him.

        "Shh! Pipe down, okay? Look, I've heard of them, and sure I've even seen them before, but I just never had one I guess." You shrug, indifferent to the fact, meanwhile Camilo stares at you in disgust. You look to him and laugh, shoving his shoulder. "Hey! Don't give me that look! It's not my fault!"

        Narrowing his eyes, he turns back to the marshmallows, holding them over the flame. "Eh, kinda is. You literally could've made some at any moment."

        You frown, not having a valid excuse. "Well... still. You know what I mean."

        "Mhm," he hums, turning the stick over to roast the other side of the gooey mess, "You're wrong. That's what you mean."

        As you reach to hit his shoulder, he laughs, dodging you and moving to the other side of the fire. He grins in victory and winks playfully at you. "Anyways, since you haven't had a s'more before..." He coughs in an attempt to slightly mask his words, "Your fault." Clearing his throat, he continues. "You're getting something in between burnt and toasted. It's the perfect mix!"

        "I'll trust your judgement," you sigh; as if even the notion of having to is tiring.

        Camilo catches this and nudges you. "Hey, I make awesome s'mores."

        The two of you fall silent as you watch the marshmallow slowly toast. Without even tasting it yet, you know it'll be delicious. Just the sight of the gooey marshmallow makes your mouth water.

        And just like that, he pulls the marshmallows out of the flames, blowing out the fire on one of them. "Here, hold this for a second." He hands you the s'mores stick and grabs a plate with graham crackers and chocolate. Taking the stick from your grasp, he puts together the s'mores.

        You watch and wait patiently until he hands you one of the snacks. "Try it!" You turn the s'more in your hands, eyeing the snack suspiciously. "C'mon, I didn't poison it." Camilo whines, taking a bite out of his s'more in the process.

        Finally, you roll your eyes and take a bite. As the chocolate melts onto your tongue, you chew the warm marshmallow with a smile. "Dis iz rweawy gewd!"

        "Told you, I make awesome s'mores." Camilo does a playful bow and you laugh, finishing off the current s'more you're eating and reaching for the s'mores stick to make another.

        The two of you make more s'mores and sit at the campfire with the other Madrigals until you can barely eat another bite. Of course, Camilo had to make one attempt at getting Dolores's s'mores. Why wouldn't he? "Camilo! Stop pretending to be Dolores so you can get extras!"

        You laugh as he trudges away sadly, shooting you a look once he notices your laughter. "Shut up, you'd try it too if you could."

        Snickering, you walk past him. "Yeah, but I wouldn't be caught."

        "Would too." Camilo scoffs before taking your hand and pulling you over towards a clear spot not far from the campfire. "Hang on, c'mere a second." You follow, allowing him to drag you over. He lets go of your hand, leaving you immediately missing his warmth, and lays down, propping his head up with his arms. "You can see the stars perfectly here."

        His gaze focuses on the glowing, speckled sky. You trail his gaze up to the stars, finding patterns and constellations. The sight lulls you to lie next to Camilo, copying his position and staring at the beautiful night sky. For what feels like ages you study the patterns in the sky, counting, or just watching them burn. At some point you feel as if someone was watching you, so you glance around on instinct, finding Camilo gazing at you with soft eyes.

        Upon being caught he turns away, feather-light blush dusting his face in the dim light. A smile graces your face and you look back to the stars, breathing in the mix of s'more and smoke filled air.

        A/N- Hello! So it's awhile... huh? Ngl, I blinked and a month and a half just flew by. Consider the wait an... April fools joke? Yeah I know, I suck, sorry lmao.

        Anyways, JoJo, you look great today, and so do you, who's reading this. I don't care where you are even if you're on the toilet. Just accept the compliment. Anyways, I have a few chapters in my drafts, so it shouldn't be too long until the next update. Though at this point I don't think you can trust me lol.

        If so, prepare for the next chapter! It's quite a bit of angst and I'm honestly terrified by what I wrote. Sooo, uh. Have a good day/night, and stay safe!

        -Bunny<3