9 : fifteen years later

{ chapter 9 : fifteen years later }

❄️❄️

A lot had happened in fifteen years, the children that had entered Narnia through a magical wardrobe were no longer children and had grown into mature, responsible adults. They still enjoyed teasing each other and being annoying whenever they could but they had made Narnia a better place because that had always been their hope.

Peter had raided the northern giants with the help of Zarina, both of them leading their army to victory. Susan and Edmund took a less violent approach and had visited the Court of Calormen to talk peace treaties. Narnia had never known peace like this before and everyone was living their best possible lives, exactly what the children had been hoping to do.

As for relationships, Peter and Zarina had been together since the night of the ball; he helped her move on from her father leaving again and she helped him to remain happy. Without her, Peter would have been boring and stiff because he forgot to have fun sometimes but they balanced each other out and their relationship worked.

The siblings were more than happy to see their older brother so happy and dating someone that they saw as family. Lucy was especially excited and already referred to Zarina as her sister, wanting to be a bridesmaid when they got married. The youngest sister was not able to join her siblings to fight or to arrange peace treaties, she was given the role of staying home and ensuring that the Narnians were being heard. She was their favourite and so they would listen to her.

Cair Paravel had become their home and they loved it much more than they loved their home in England. Peter and Zarina shared a room, donning a large bed draped in golden blankets and big windows to give them a view of Narnia. They had plenty of wardrobe space between the two of them and a cabinet dedicated to their armour which had become a staple of their relationship.

Lying in bed, Peter had his arms draped around her as she rested on his chest. Her head tilted upwards and her hands cupping his cheeks, pressing feverish kisses to his lips. This was how he wanted to wake up every morning, with sunlight streaming through the windows and a beautiful golden haired woman in his bed. His hands squeezed her hips as she adjusted herself to straddle him, their bodies bare under the blankets.

As much as he was enjoying himself, he knew that they had things to do that day and slowly moved his head away from her own. "Come on, we need to get up."

"Can't we stay here all day?"

"And do what?"

Zarina narrowed her eyes seductively, wrapping her hands around his neck and playing with his dark blonde hair. "There are quite a few things I can think of..."

"Oh really?" He smirked as he leaned back down, pressing his lips against hers as she wrapped her legs around his waist. This was exactly what she wanted, a perfect morning but Peter suddenly woke himself up and remembered what they were supposed to be doing. "No!" He pulls away as Zarina groans loudly and removes himself from the bed; grabbing his robe from the floor, tying it around his naked body. "No, no, we have to get ready."