Chapter 2

The next morning he woke up with a hangover. He pressed on his head and remembered that he somehow stumbled into the room the waiter got for him. He didn't move and stared at the ceiling. Soon he fell asleep.

When he woke up again, it was 11. He freshened up and checked out of the hotel. He had some food in the bar's restaurant. When he was done, he saw the blonde waiter who helped him the night before. He called him for the bill and left some tip.

The waiter then said, "I don't know if I can say this, but don't delay your happiness because of just one person."

He slowly nodded. He drank quite a lot. He barely remembered what all he told this boy.

The boy kept searching his face. He asked with curiosity, "What are you going to do?"

"She isn't that unbearable. I'll go find her now."

The boy turned his lips down and nodded.

He'll know when he falls in love, Ramit thought, looking at the young fellow.

∼•∽

He got down the taxi near her office and waited on a bench nearby.

"I'm here," he spoke into the phone.

"What is it?"

"I want to see you."

"Tonight?" His heart broke every time she took things that way. Perhaps sleeping with him was the only profitable thing she got out of this whole marriage.

"Now. Let's go out."

"I'm at work."

"I'm here already," he said as he walked to the group of ladies that had just come out of the building.

"Hi," he smiled at her and nodded at the group, who seemed to be intrigued by him.

They all looked at her expectantly, perhaps thinking about how he looked similar to her. Geetha and he were the only south Asians among these Europeans.

"I'll be back after lunch." She smiled at them but said no more. No introductions, nothing. She hooked her arm around his and walked away, taking him to the parking lot.

"Were you busy?" He asked slowly. She said so but she seemed quite relaxed.

"We were going for lunch."

"Well. Let's eat together."

She unhooked her arm and went to her car.

Seeing him standing still even after starting the engine, "Get in," she said tiredly.

"Where are we going?"

"Restaurant."

"Let's go home. I'll make you lunch."

She stared him straight in the eye.

"Get on!" She maintained her volume at a low level.

"Let me drive!"

"Drive yourself wherever you want! I'm going."

"Wait!" he quickly climbed into the passenger seat.

The lunch was just another mundane activity for her, while he sat on tenterhooks observing her.

After she was done, she sat idly waiting for her man to fill his stomach.

He got the bill and they walked out.

She turned to him to bid farewell.

"See you then."

"I'll wait at your office. Let's go home once you're done."