Part 7

Daylight came and the laughter of children could be heard from outside the door. Dave smiled and got out of his position, sitting up and staring at the door.

"I can't believe that I'm actually glad to hear the laughter of children again." Bonnie said.

"I know. I used to hate it. But after not hearing it yesterday, it's music to my ears." Freddy agreed.

"Mangle told me that this is the 'last birthday party'." Dave spoke up and told them.

"Really? Why?" Freddy asked.

He shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe this place is closing."

"What?" Chica gasped, "W-why would they do that?"

"Maybe something bad happened." Bonnie said.

The other two nodded their heads. "That's a strong possibility." Freddy agreed.

They suddenly stopped talking when someone entered. He flicked on the lights and Dave could see that it was the employee from King Arthur's Pizza. The one who called him trash. He stepped over Freddy and walked up to Dave. He jumped when he saw that the Drake was sitting up.

"Y-you aren't supposed to be sitting up." he stuttered.

Dave turned his eyes to him before turning his entire body to face him, standing up on all fours. Being quadrupedal, Dave was a little shorter than the average man, only being eye level at the stomach. The man backed away and the Drake just laughed.

In a flash, he leapt at the man, just like he did with Jeremy. But this time, it was a deathblow. He chomped down on the man's head, killing him instantly. His body fell to the floor and Dave landed gently, standing over the body laughing.

Everybody was staring at him shock. The man did scream though, so soon two other people entered. From behind him Dave could hear sounds of panic, sounded like Mangle succeeded as well. The two men stared at him in terror and he turned his eyes to stare at them.

He laughed again and turned around, blood dripping from his metal teeth. As he stood over Freddy he noticed the bear stare at one of the men with more hatred than he usually did. He saw that the other two held the same expression.

Dave looked at the man and saw him flash a demented smile. That's when it hit him, this was the murderer. He smiled, if he could hit two in one, that would be extraordinary. With a roar he sprung at the man, jaws wide open, ready for the kill. But the murderer pulled out something long and black. Dave knew exactly what it was, a device that would deactivate an animatronic.

But it was too late, the moment he reached the killer, was the moment the device hit his chest.

"You can't kill anybody." the man whispered.

Dave fell to the ground limply and could only watch through blurred and fading vision as the other man pried him off the killer. He stood and brushed the dirt off of his shirt.

"That's another devil taken care of." he said with a grin, proud of what he did with Dave.

"Do you think the police will want the old ones for evidence?" the other man asked him.

"I don't think so." the killer replied, "They'll definitely want the Drake though."

"Well, seeing as it killed a man, I would think so." the other replied, glancing down at Dave, "So who brought this thing in, anyway?"

"Jonathan. He brought this thing in last week thinking he could repair it and fit it with the Toys." he answered, "He obviously didn't know the history with this thing."

"Just like he didn't know the history of this place?"

He laughed, "Yeah, like that."

"Why didn't he come in last week anyway?"

"Oh yeah, the boss never told you did he?"

"No."

"Yeah, on his way back to work the day after he dropped this Fire Drake here he got hit by a car. Died instantly. Who knows, if that didn't happen, this scrap heap probably would've joined the Toys. He did have a way with machines." the killer explained to the other man.

Dave shuddered, suddenly feeling guilt for hating that man. He didn't intend to leave him here, he just got killed. He was hating that kind man only for something he assumed. No longer able to keep his eyes open, he shut them and his thoughts slowly faded to black. He'd never been deactivated before, and he normally would've fought it, if it weren't for today. Because not only did he kill the man who insulted him, but he forgave someone who never wronged him.

This thought made the life that he had in him fade away. The life that the Puppet gave him, and the "life" he always had. Maybe it was the deactivation, but Dave finally found his peace. His goal was completed. With one last sigh, Dave became fully deactivated.

The Mangle had completed her goal as well, her chosen victim being poor Jeremy, who was instructed to work the day shift for this birthday party and keep close to the animatronics. So that they wouldn't harm anybody. But he was too close to Mangle, because she got him with her powerful and long jaws. She thought the area she chose would kill him, but it turned out that a human being could still live missing the frontal lobe.

Not knowing this, though, she felt succeeded and let the killer deactivate her too. The other Toys were deactivated as well. When the police came they investigated the crime scene. They confiscated the Toys and Dave for evidence and after closing the case and the restaurant, they incinerated the "malfunctioning" animatronics.

As for the Withereds, well, the company kept them and rebuilt them along the restaurant, albeit a little smaller and cheaper. The souls of the poor children continued to haunt the four animatronics, as well as the one who stayed in the yellow Freddy suit. Even the Puppet somehow stayed with the place. Dave and the Toys may have found their peace, but the children hadn't. Not yet. There was still many long years of suffering to go before they finally left.

But that is another story for another day. As for Dave and his story, this is the end.