𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠

third person pov

third person pov

both you and the ash blond boy had met at the jetty again. except, this time as you greeted him, you didn't get a snarky response in return. 

you were met with silence. the boy had kept his lips sealed since you got there, not even opening them to take an angry deep breath like he usually does.

it was kind of odd, considering the fact that he was always making rude remarks towards you, but after saying hello to him and not getting a response, you just sat beside him in silence.

now, you may be wondering why both of you still meet up at the same jetty, on the same beach, every day. and to be quite honest, neither of you knew why you kept coming back. after you had both unintentionally opened up to each other, it almost felt as if you couldn't just walk away.

plus, neither of you had the dignity to stop coming to this beach. you both felt that if you just stopped coming to this spot, you would be giving up to the other person. 

which for some reason, seemed as if by giving the other person what they wanted, you would be letting them win.

and neither of you could bear to let that happen.

and so, despite strongly disliking each other, you continued to show up at the same beach and suffer through each other's presence.

"it's been a week since i've been coming here," you turned to face the boy.

he only glared at you and grunted angrily in response, to which you just shrugged off. you had figured that teenage boys were just weird, and that there is probably some stupid reasoning behind all of his stupid actions.

the teenage boy turned to face the ocean, avoiding eye contact and conversation with you. which, i guess, isn't too out of the normal.

you continued to look at his features. usually you were too occupied with your thoughts to really take in his appearance.

the boy had ash blonde hair that spiked up despite not having any gel in it, which sorta confused you. he had red eyes accompanied with black, slightly smudged eyeliner. his facial features were usually contorted into some angry expression, and his face had small acne scars every here and there.

he wore the same black stud earrings every day, and his outfits usually varied between band shirts or a black shirt with a skull on it. as for pants, you only ever saw him in some form of dark baggy pants.

the chipping black nail polish really topped off his whole edgy kid look, though. you always did your best to refrain from stereotyping people, but sometimes he made it hard not to wonder if he had a sad bart profile or used '#brocken' unironically. 

then again, his personality completely clashed with the idea. he would most likely find that shit cringey, or bully those kinds of kids...

thinking about this made you laugh lightly to yourself, which of course caused the boy to whip his head around to stare at you, his face showing confusion and annoyance.

"what.." your face quickly went blank again as the ash blonde just narrowed his eyes at you in suspicion.

"awfully quiet today, huh?" you chewed at the inside of your cheek and raised your eyebrows at him, trying to get him to say something. at this point, the silence was almost more uncomfortable than normal.

"why haven't you said anything mean to me, yet?" you scoffed.

after getting no response you decided to push it a little further, "did my words yesterday make that big of an impact on you?" you weren't sure why you said that. or why you even wanted him to say something.

however, today you didn't feel like sulking, and right now you were just bored.

you're comment seemed to strike up something inside the boy because he quickly turned to face you, "FUCK NO! DON'T YOU EVER SHUT UP?" he finally let out what he had been wanting to say since the moment you got here.

"oh," you noticed the new set of black and orange braces lining his teeth as he snarled at you, but as soon as he noticed that you noticed, he slammed his lips shut again.

"the fuck do you mean 'oh?' is that all you gotta say?!" he scrunched his nose.

"you weren't speaking because not because you were holding yourself back from being an asshole, you weren't talking because you got braces!" you wondered why he would be so secretive about such a stupid concept. you were bound to see them eventually.

"YEAH?! AND WHAT THE FUCK ABOUT IT?!" you could practically see the steam coming from his ears at this point.

"nothing, it's ok, i'm a bit of a metal mouth too," you opened your mouth and tugged on your cheek to reveal the space maintainers in the back of your mouth. the blonde boy only grimaced in disgust and scoffed at you.

you pulled your finger from your mouth before wiping your spit on the hem of your shirt, "how long do you need to have braces for?"

"somewhere near six months, i guess," he grumbled. each time he talked you could see the way he would almost wince from the way the metal felt against his lips.

"oh, well, good luck? that shouldn't be too too bad, right? i've had these spacers for a few years, i miss starburst..." you huffed.

the ash blonde could only look at you in confusion. just yesterday you had shoved a handful of sand into his mouth and now today you were trying to be all buddy buddy with him? the way you seemed to switch back and forth annoyed him.

however, he never considered to think about the way he switched back and forth, and how that may confuse you. how the other day he was laughing in front of you, and the next he was throwing sand in your eyes.

neither of you could stand the fact that you couldn't predict the others actions or moods. and yet, neither of you knew that you tended to get the other riled up over that.

you just couldn't see from each others perspectives, and that upset you both.

authors note

i'm back

date published: 9/10/22

word count: 1090