"Great you're back!" Aang said as Sokka and I raced back to camp. "What's for dinner?"

I shot a fist into the air. I won the race, Sokka grumbled. The four of us sat down, Sokka digged the sack he had. We were starved considering the last time we had a proper meal was back at Omashu. I would kill for a slab of meat right now.

"We've got a few options," Sokka said pulling out nuts, "First we got round nuts, and some kind of oval shaped nuts and some rock shaped nuts that might just be rocks."

"They're called pebbles Sokka," I said unamused at the lack of real food. He threw the pebble back and it landed next to Momo. "Dig in!"

Aang and Katara looked at each other then at me. I nodded in agreement. Sokka was the only one smiling. Proud of himself.

"Seriously, what else you got?" Katara asked. Sokka searched the bag even though it was empty.

A giant crash boomed in the background startling us all.

"What was that?!" Sokka asked, his voice getting higher and then it happened again.

"It's coming from over there," I pointed as I saw a couple birds fly in the opposite direction of the noise. We started sprinting towards the loud noise.

"Shouldn't we run away from huge booms and not towards them?!" Sokka asked. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him along. The other two are already leaving us behind.

We hid behind a large boulder. There was an earth bender who seemed around my age, throwing boulders against the sides of an abandoned path. He had dark hair held half up half down in a top knot, bangs hanging out, and tan skin.

"An earth bender." Katara said.

"Let's approach slowly, he looks dangerous." Sokka said cautiously as he pulled me down.

"Hello there! I'm Katara!" Katara said already in front of the poor guy. I groaned shaking my head

Your gonna scare him away like that

"What's your name?" She continued.

The boy looked back scared, with good reason we're complete strangers to him. He dropped the boulder running away moving more boulders to block out path clearly not wanting to be followed.

"Nice to meet you!" Aang called out as we approached the two. 

"Nice job Katara," I spoke blankly. She glared at me and I smiled looking away from her. Oops I made it worse, "Well if he's here then theres probably a village close by," I looked towards the direction the boy went.

"And I bet that village has a market!" Aang added

"Which means no nuts! For dinner!" Katara lit up. Thank goodness.

"Hey! I worked hard for those." Sokka said crossing his arms, I turned to him my eyes gave a disgusted look, "Yeah, I hate them too."

"Exactly, now come on," I said, wrapping my arm around his shoulder. He gave a small smile.

We then followed the boys trail to the village searching around looking for food. Aang traded the remaining nuts for a straw hat, it covered his tattoos so Sokka didn't mind. I hummed in agreement as we continued to walk. It seemed like a small village kind of like the south only here theres stalls. The residents seemed to always be looking around, their eyes diverted everywhere rather than staying in one place.

We saw the guy from before and Katara was being Katara and following him so I trailed behind her. We made our way to the door he entered. We looked at each other and nodded.