Chapter Twelve; I Love You, Maya. I Love You, Rocco.

Start from the beginning

"That's true", I tell her without realizing what she said to me. "Hey, I am not stupid", I retorted while she was trying to hold her laugh.

"What can I do for you?", she says getting back to her books.

My bookworm.

"Can we talk, please?", I tell her making her put the book she was reading aside, and then she turned to face me.

"Sure, what do you want to talk about?", she asked me.

Maya's Pov.

"Sure, what do you want to talk about?", I asked him

"Sure, what do you want to talk about?", I asked him. I just hope it isn't about going on a date with Luciana.

He can date anyone except her.

You could say I am jealous even though I have no right to be. Rocco can date anyone he wants to.

"It is about us. I have something important to tell you", he says looking at me.

I nod at him to continue what he was trying to say.

"This is harder than I thought it would be. But here it goes nothing", he says looking at me smiling.

"I am in love with you, Maya, and I don't want to keep this feeling inside anymore. I have fallen deeply in love with you", he says smiling at me.

I didn't know how to answer that. If it was someone else in my place they would have been ecstatic about this but I can't.

I do love him but we are different. Not because of what society might say but religion-wise.

I love my religion and respect it but I don't want to break his heart.

And I also love him.

"Rocco, I...."

"Take all the time you need. I will always be here for you. I finally found you, I am never letting you go", he says smiling.

I could feel the tears form in my eyes but I couldn't let them fall.

"No, I want to tell you how I feel but please don't interrupt me until I am done", I tell him.

He nods and lets me continue.

"I love you too, Rocco. But I can't be with you. Many things are keeping us apart. I am sorry that what I am saying will break your heart as I am breaking mine. We aren't meant to be, Rocco. And all I can say is that I love you but we can't be together" I tell him.

I could feel tears fall down my face but I know that I have hurt him more than myself.

"Is that your final, decision?", he asks me. I knew that our friendship would never be the same as it was but this had to be done.

I kept quiet not knowing what to say.

"Okay, I will respect your answer. Nothing will change between us. I have to go now", he says walking away from me.

I wanted to call him back and hug him but I couldn't bear seeing him hurt knowing that I hurt him.

During the week he began avoiding me and I knew that I did that to him. He even stopped hanging out with me.

I asked Jayden about him but all I got was to give him time.

Each time I look through his bedroom window, I could see him on his bed reading a thick book.

As I was about to get some food for Alfie, I saw dad in his study with someone but I couldn't make out who it was.

I waited until I could get a better look at him.

When I saw who it was shocked me.

Rocco.

He was in deep conversation with dad. I shrugged and walked away before they could see.

Meanwhile, in the study, dad was trying to convince him to think about his decision.

"Don't you think that this decision is a hasty one?", dad asks him.

"I don't think so. I love her and I am willing to do anything for her. Even this", Rocco says to him.'

"I was like you once. Want to do something for someone I love but then I realize why don't I do it for myself. It is better to do it for yourself than for others", dad advised him.

"Thank you. I needed that but I don't want to lose her again. She has been there for me even though I needed her and now I need her to be in my life. I am sorry that I came on too strong for you, Sir. To me she is the one", He says to dad who smiles knowing that whatever Rocco was about to do will help him and no one else.

"Okay, then. If that's your decision. Here, take this and go there. They will help you", Dad says giving him a piece of paper.

"Thank you again".

Whatever he was planning to do will be something that he will need in his life.