Chapter one.

Far off in the distance, a nearly destroyed autobot ship lies with it's lights flickering softly. The Ark, the remains of a civilization built over a revolution in the name of peace. Closing up in it's structure, it has only enough energon to achieve it's last act, an order given by a general, a leader, possibly a savior, and a chosen one. As it takes the last breath, a metaphorical will of sentience, with the trace of the backup resources of energy, used once to minimize destruction upon arriving the atmosphere, the emergency protocol activates for the first time, after eons probably, and returns the survivors to consciousness from their restless slumber.

The lights of the ship finally fade out, loosing all sight into the darkness, but in the insides of the ship, a cluster of information, a string of code in the screen of a nearly destroyed computer, returns to life after the numbness of the routine procedure of an energy saving mode. The last of what once was an army returns to life, waking up in a momentary lapse of reason. One by one, the autobots who once where fierce warriors and protectors of freedom, are brought to open their eyes to the darkness of a dying friend, once son of their efforts, now the Ark gives their creators a last chance to recover their purpose in an undeserved war.

Optimus Prime, the chosen one of Vector Sigma, the core consciousness of Cybertron who baptized a civilian into a heritage of leadership, wakes up first, as it was him the priority of the protocol, the same one that gave the order in secret with the awareness that something like this might happen. But no one could foresee the magnitude of this catastrophe, not even the wisest of leaders, and Optimus wasn't nearly as close as having such wisdom; otherwise, he believed, he could've avoided the war in the first place. But his caution was right, as he woke up from a dream in which his closest friends died in agonizing pain. Or was he remembering the time before he departed from his home planet?

War does atrocities to the strongest of minds, not even the most sadistic executioner can withstand the unfair knowledge of countless deaths in the name of empty ideals. Optimus was no exception, as his first thoughts were of war and suffering, and the sadness he felt was improper of a machine, thus he believed he was more than that, because he knew a secret Vector Sigma gave him during his reconstruction. Or was it a gestation?

As Optimus recovered consciousness he started to inspect his surroundings, the insides of the ship were not only destroyed because of the explosions of the internal capacitors of the main engine and the numerous hits of enemy lasers after the plasma shield decayed, but also could see clear corrosion of the precarious metal with which the Ark was built. This corroded surface was a clear sign of decades of negligence, time wasn't forgiving with them, as it was notorious it was already too late for waking up from security stasis.

He could only pray to Primus that the decepticons didn't wake before them, as he estimated they both, originally brothers cybertronians, crashed on the same planet. He requested to Teletraan I to recover data from the status on the ship and the rest of the crew, unadvisedly for him he noticed the string of code shown on the last functioning screen, which he recognized as the emergency protocol, that has been miraculous started with the remains of the backup energon in the ship. Meaning that Teletraan I's consciousness was not only in stasis with the rest of the Autobots, but had a serious leak of energy that killed it slowly over the unforgiving pass of time. This realization nearly broke Optimus Prime's mind, as he considered the creation of the Ark and it's mainframe, Teletraan I, a symbol of peace and a technological achievement for his civilization. The last proof of cybertronian prosperity fading from existence as the war achieved it's only purpose, the bringing of decay and chaos to a world meant for orderliness and fraternity, finally to be corrupted by greed and lust of power, causing the death of billions of sentient beings.

As Optimus struggled to save the littlest bit of information in order to rescue Teletraan I from it's immolation, he started to notice the familiar sound of grunting and clanking of his brothers at arms waking up. One by one, the remaining autobots started to leave their stasis to welcome their leader. Ironhide: the weapons expert, Ratchet: the first aid in battle, Wheeljack: the prodigious engineer, Bumblebee: the sole survivor, Prowl: the law incarnate, Arcee: the last of scouts, Grimlock: the fiercest of warriors, and Sideswipe: the fastest infiltrator. The remnants of what once was an army and their leaders, the only ones to manage escaping the planet before it succumbed to the hunger of Unicron, therefore exploding in a nova that destroyed both of them. Megatron succeeded in his plan. But a what cost? The war continued for what seemed an eternity in the ocean of the night, in the solitude of space, both warriors and civilians as well as countless ships were lost in the jaws of the deep space, suffocating not for the lack of air, but for the lack of escaping to anywhere safe.