Chapter 13 The Start of Something Great

Midoriya was sitting in the commons, waiting for Uraraka to meet him there. They were supposed to meet up there at six.

It was six fifteen.

Midoriya had walked down to the commons at five fifty feeling collected and confident. Now that confidence was gone in the fear that Uraraka had ditched him at the last second, deciding she didn't want this date after all.

Midoriya laced his hands together and gripped tight. The anxiety was going to kill him at this rate.

Midoriya closed his eyes. Should he check on her?

Midoriya hesitantly shook his head. If she was still getting ready... He didn't want to walk in on something that would absolutely terminate his possible love life forever.

His mind lingered on that last visual his brain had provided him. His face heated up.

...Something else heated up too.

Midoriya rapidly shook his head again and attempted to get a grip. This was not the time. Plus he shouldn't be thinking of her like that... Yet.

Midoriya shivered.

Suddenly, He heard the familiar ding of the elevator. He perked his head up, expecting to see Uraraka. Ashido and Kirishima burst through instead.

Midoriya cursed himself as the stress increased tenfold.

Kirishima grinned at Ashido. "Alright Mina! Looks like clear is coast to stalk Midoriya and Uraraka!"

Midoriya internally groaned. Of course those matchmakers were going to stalk them. He should have seen that coming.

Ashido chuckled and spoke back in a soft voice. "You mean the coast is clear, Eijiro."

Midoriya's eyebrow raised. Wait. First name basis? Since when was that a thing?

Kirishima laughed. "I was just messing with you".

Ashido just smiled in response.

Kirishima turned towards the front door and continued. "Let's get going before we lose the-"

Kirishima stopped dead in his tracks as he spotted Midoriya.

Midoriya spoke, surprisingly in the calm confident tone from the other day. "You were going to stalk us?"

Kirishima, for the first time in his entire UA career, stuttered. "I-I don't! Uh!". He turned to Ashido who had a ghastly expression, speechless.

Midoriya sighed. "I'm still waiting on Uraraka. You guys aren't following us anywhere."

Somehow in the wake of all this new stress and fear, confidence and calmness shone through. He wondered if this was anything like his personality switch in battle.

Kirishima responded. "Midoriya! Please don't tell anyone!".

Ashido punched Kirishima in the arm. "Eijiro! Shut it!".

Midoriya tilted his head, confused. "Don't tell anyone wha-".

It clicked. They were in a relationship. One they wanted to keep quiet.

That made this easy.

Midoriya smiled and walked over to Ashido and Kirishima with that same calm confidence from before. "I'm willing to strike a deal with you two."

Kirishima slightly nodded.

Midoriya continued. "I won't tell anyone about your relationship". He pointed between them. "And in turn you guys won't follow us around." Midoriya had a thought and quickly revised the deal. "Also you have to stop others from following us. Deal?".