Chapter 4 Match Up's and Breakdowns

Lunch had ended. Hero Training had started. At the start of the class All Might told everyone to suit up and meet in Training Facility A. Everyone did so and met up in the said facility.

Training Facility A was a large warehouse shaped building that veiled several stages to fight and train on including ones of different elements. UA did not mess around when it came to quirk training and the students were once again reminded of that fact when they saw the training grounds.

After everyone arrived All Might confirmed that as promised there would indeed be battle training that day. More specifically one versus one battles occurring at the same time. He stated that he preselected matches based on relationships, quirk balance, and really who is friends with who.

Midoriya stared at the ground, collecting his thoughts.

The first and last of such terrified Midoriya due to the implications. Sure, he believed he had good relations with most of his class. He could even say they were his friends. However there were a very limited selection of people in 1A that Midoriya would have a real problem crossing fists with.

One of which was the very girl he had been fretting over constantly since the morning events prior.

Midoriya sighed and looked further down as All Might laughed his trademark laugh and grabbed a remote to the television behind him and pressed a button that triggered the screen to scroll

If Midoriya knew All Might, and he was sure he did, then All Might was going to bias this to try to make him into a better hero. The idea excited him on any other occasion but right then? Absolutely not.

Midoriya looked up from the ground and out of his thoughts as the wheel came to a stop.

All Might cheerfully gazed over his students as he read the first match up. "Ashido-san and Kirishima-san!" He boomed, his voice reaching the bounds of the training facility.

Midoriya spared a glance at Ashido as her name was called. He found her prodding an annoyed Uraraka on the side of the group. She paused as she heard her name.

"Kirishima?" Ashido said quizzically.

Ashido turned to Kirishima in the back of the group only for her eyes to be met with his shark tooth grin.

"Alright! Let's have a good match Ashido!" Kirishima half yelled in response.

Ashido lightly smiled at the spiky red boy. "For sure!".

After Ashido turned back around Midoriya noticed Uraraka chuckling while poking Ashido in a similar way to how she was prodded earlier.

Midoriya realized his mistake as he found himself lost in her face, her laugh. The way she looked some sort of cutely devilish while messing with Ashido.

Spins and groups assigned flew by him as he mumbled and thought about her.

Uraraka was... special. He didn't know how to describe it. She was so incredibly beautiful but yet so powerful at the same time. It wasn't just her looks or quirk that really caught his attention though. He had spent too many years on the wrong side of prejudice to make that mistake.

No. It wasn't her quirk or necessarily her looks either that drew Midoriya to Uraraka. It was how she treated him.

Before she even knew if he had a quirk or not she treated him with kindness. A kindness that didn't just increase once she, and frankly he, learned he had a powerful quirk.

"Kaminari-san and Jirou-san!" All Might roared, barely breaking through Midoriya's thoughts.

It wasn't just that either was it? Midoriya refocused on the now docile Uraraka, staring at the screen peacefully. She changed his name. She gave him his name.