Family

"WAAAAHHHHHH"
An unsurprising yet intense whaling echoed through out the halls, and then only seconds later another one joined it. Blue groaned a little and got up, stretching a little and looking at the clock. It was around six in the morning so it wasn't to surprising that the baby was up. So he got himself dressed, and kissed the top of Nightmare's forehead before leaving to go take care of the baby.
Getting into the child's room, Blue picked up the crying baby girl and started to rock her in his arms.
"H-Hey, sshhh, sshhh, it's ok"
The baby slowly started to calm down after hearing one of her parents voices. Blue smiled watching his babies tears stop, and snuggle into his embrace comfortably.
"Did you just want some attention? You seem all better now."
"Does she?..."
Blue turned around still holding the baby to see Nightmare, standing in the doorway looking pretty much ok.
"You know you could've just asked me to come and get her, you need rest more than I do."
"In the sense that you don't really have to sleep?"
"I slept a lot more than I ever had to when we were in your dreams, I think I'll be ok for a while dear."
Blue went over to Nightmare, leaning on him as a gesture of love, and also some support for his tired body.
"Well at least tomorrow we'll have some time alone... Killer and Cross...or more just Cross, wants to take Falx (Changed the name of the Crill kid) and Ivy to the park or something."
"But they aren't-"
"I don't question what Cross thinks is a nice thing to do with them, I just know that I trust him."
"Well I do to, so we'll let him try and do what ever with a three month old and a six month old."
The two of them laughed before hearing tiny noises come from the mass in Blue's arms. They both stopped for a moment, and looked down at Ivy to see her looking back at them with a foot in her mouth for whatever reason.
"Blue why does she have her foot in he mouth?.."
"Because she's a baby Nighty, and I can give her..."
Reaching over somewhere, Blue grabbed a pacifier. Taking the foot Ivy bad in her mouth out, Blue put the pacifier in and the baby seemed to be at peace.
"That and she is all better!"
"Hm well at least it's good that one of us knows what they're doing."
"Well I took care of Palette some times when he was little, and-... Um..."
After bringing up his nephew, Blue sulked and appeared sad. This wasn't to surprising and Nightmare knew how hard it was for him when he was forced to leave him... Nightmare put an arm around Blue and pulled him close.
"Miss him Berry?.."
"I do...he was a good kid..."
"You loved him like he was yours Blue, the reason you miss him isn't just because he was a good kid... You know that..."
"I know, I know I'm just trying to forget about all of that... Dream's to mad at me to see him, and Ink's tried to apologize for him once...I can't want something I can't have and it makes me sad that I can't..."
"...I know you wanted to get a few things for the baby..."
Blue sad expression turned to one of slight confusion as he looked up at Nightmare.
"I want to do other things...but maybe getting a couple more things for her would be another nice thing we could do."
"Nighty... If you're trying to make me forget about this stuff then you don't have to, I'll have forgotten about it by tomorrow ok?"
"I thought so...but it's not just that..."
Nightmare pulled Blue a little closer, resting his head on top of his before continuing.
"I just want to make you as happy as you were when you were with my brother...your friends... That's all I want to do for you now..."
"Nighty, you made me happy... I'm so happy to be with you... You don't need-"
"But I want to... So please don't argue with me..."
Blue giggled a little and nodded
"Fine I won't-"
"Mm..."
Hearing a very light and quiet hum from in between them, the couple looked at their baby, it doing a cute little motion that the two learned about a month ago to be hungry.
"Aw baby are you hungry?~"
Blue proceeded to coo at the little skeleton, it not responding and only repeating the small hand motion.
"Well alright, Nighty can you close the door? I don't mind you being in here but I just don't want any of the others walking in..."
"I wouldn't like that very much either..."
Nightmare grumbled going over and closing the door, Blue again laughed.
"Myehe I would hope"
Blue felt the baby started to grab at his shirt, so he lifted it up a bit and summoned his ecto and let the baby breast feed.
"So Berry"
"Hm?"
"Am I allowed to ask why you do that? I mean Cross uses formula-"
"I feel closer to the baby when I feed her like this...I enjoy it."
"Oh well that makes sense, sorry for questioning you and your methods."
"No need to apologize~"
Blue hummed, sitting down and rubbing the back of the babies head.
"You just love me...and I love you"
"I'm glad, especially because we have a child"
"Myehehe ya it'd be a small problem then"
"But luckily that isn't one~"
Nightmare nuzzled his way into the crook of Blue's neck, making the smaller skeleton start to laugh.
"Myehe!- Nighty! Stop! Haha!"
He continued to laugh as Nightmare kept on loving on him until they heard a knock at the door. Blue finished feeding the baby and pulled his shirt back down, nodding for Nightmare to go and open the door. So Nightmare got up with a bit of an annoyed groan and opened the door.
"What?"
Nightmare said before he even realized who he was speaking to.
"Oh um I just..."
Once Nightmare heard Killer's voice he was kind of confused. Almost everyone with in the castle knew that the mornings were just for him and Blue, Horror only popping up to tell them breakfast was ready. But other than that him and Blue were normally never bothered.
"Can we talk outside boss?.."
"Anything you can-"
"Don't give me that... He doesn't need to hear about this..."
Nightmare became confused again, and wanted Blue to be included in whatever this was now more than ever... But didn't want to risk anything, not now...
"... Fine...Blue are you ok wait-"
"You can go ahead, it's not like I'm going anywhere."
Blue planted a small kiss on Nightmare's lips before letting him walk out of the room. Gently closing the door, then Nightmare turned and looked at Killer so they could talk.
Blue could hear them talking but tried his best to just focus on the baby until he heard the door open. An empty yet shocked look was on Nightmare's face for a moment, until he made it go away when he realized Blue staring.
"What was that?"
"Oh um nothing, Horror was just finishing up breakfast and sent Killer to come tell us it was ready..."
"Really?"
"What?"
Blue snickered, going back over to Nightmare
"I don't know how I was the only one to notice, but you are horrible, horrible liar."
"I just don't think anyone told me..."
"Realize that now?"
"Hehe I guess, but...I want to wait to tell you anything... We have a nice day planned tomorrow, just the two of us... Let's enjoy that first, alright?"
Blue wanted to argue, but couldn't bring himself to do so.
"I can't say no to you especially when you're being as cute as you are..."
"H-Hey..."
Blue couldn't help but giggle, and cup one of Nightmare's cheeks.
"You are adorable"
Blue pulled Nightmare into a soft and short kiss before letting him go.
"Now let's go eat some breakfast"
"Ok Berry"
The both of them left the room, going into the kitchen to eat something.