Chapter 4: Don't give up on me

Meanwhile in Chase's world,Adventure Bay...

While Chase and Constellation Skye are off to an adventure,Ryder and the pups are waiting for Chase to wake up and they're trying their best to make him open his eyes...

Ryder's POV
This isn't good news to me or the pups...Chase only has 7 days to live,and he has to wake up before his time is up...I still feel guilty about what happened to Chase yesterday,and I don't want to pretend that I'm alright with this... The vet came over and told me some good news that I may be able to tell to the pups. "Good news...Chase is breathing,but unfortunately he's still in a coma...like I said last night,if Chase doesn't wakes up for 7 days,it would be the end for him...but you guys can motivate him to help him fight his coma and finally open his eyes. That's all the news I've got" he said. "Okay then,thanks Doc" I said and he left to inspect some more patients. I came over to the pups and told them the news and they're a bit happy about it. "All we need to do is cheer Chase up and he'll wake up" Marshall said. "YEAH! LET'S DO ANYTHING TO MAKE HIM WAKE UP!" Zuma said and Rubble followed with "We'll do anything for Chase". "FOR CHASE!" All the pups responded and I noticed Skye isn't joining in and she looks very upset. "Hey Skye...are you alright?" I asked and she responded with "Do I looked like I'm okay,Ryder?". "Oh...I know you missed Chase,but making him happy is the only way we can do to wake him up. It's gonna take long but I know it's worth it" I said and I left to give her space.

Skye's POV
Maybe Ryder is right...the only thing I can do for him now is to be there for him. But I should do something more than that...if Chase is going to be gone for a while and Adventure Bay needs him,I'll step in his place for him and become an honorary police pup until Chase awakes. "Ryder...I just have one more request" I said. "What is it?" Ryder asked. "Since Chase is not around...why don't I become the police pup for now until he wakes up?" I said. "Are you sure you can handle all of his jobs for the rest of the week?" Ryder asked. "If I were to have a hard time doing his job for him,then I'll do it" I said confidently. "Okay then,Skye. I hereby announce you to become the honorary police pup until Chase awakes and can continue his duty!" Ryder said as he handed me over Chase's police pup tag. "I promise...I won't fail you,Ryder and Chase" I vowed.

Marshall's POV
Wow...Skye really went to her limits,just to show Chase how much he means to her... "Skye...I appreciate you doing this to my best friend...but are you willing to do this? Chase doesn't wanna see you being tired doing his job" I said and she hesitantly responded with "I know I'm not good at this...and I know this isn't my job...but I'm doing this for Chase...if I were willing to go this far for him,then I'm in. I love him,and I'll do even the impossible for him". "Okay Skye...Chase is gonna be so proud of you when he finds out about this" I said and she smiled at the compliment. Not gonna lie,I feel bad for her since she loves Chase so much...I mean I will feel the same thing if this happens on Everest. Speaking of Everest,I decided to call her. This is the conversation:

Marshall: Hi Everest! You busy?

Everest: Well...I am doing some things here in Jake's mountain,why?

Marshall: I want you to come here quickly...there is bad news...

Everest: Huh? What is it?

Marshall: It's Chase... something bad happened to him...

Everest: What?!

Jake: Oh hey Everest,oh I see you're talking to your boyfriend

Everest: Jake,something bad happened to Chase yesterday...can I go check on him?

Jake: Well,I'm going with you too

Marshall: That's great! Ryder will be here waiting for you. I'm hanging up now,see you later guys

Everest: See you,Marshall!

*hangs up*

5 minutes later...

Everest and Jake came to the hospital and Ryder greeted them and told them the whole incident. Both Everest and Jake had their expressions in worry when they found out Chase is in a coma. Everest immediately came over to Skye and they had a little conversation. Meanwhile Jake was trying to keep Ryder alright.

Everest's POV
Chase is dead! This is not good...Skye must've feel very sad by now...I decided to stay with her and talked about Chase. "Hey Skye...I heard about what happened to Chase...I feel sorry for you" I solemnly said. "It's ok,Everest... it's no one's fault..." Skye said with a sad tone. I can't believe I'm saying this but,if this happens to Marshall,I'd feel the same way Skye does... "So what are you going to do now?" I asked and she said "Chase wasn't here...if he will be back for a week,I have to make things up so motivate him to open his eyes,so I decided to become an honorary police pup". "Really?! No way! You're doing this for him?! Wow, you're a really good pup for Chase..." I said. She sighed and look at the sky. "Oh Chase...where are you..? Please...don't give up on me..." She said in a worried tone...
.
.
.
Meanwhile somewhere in the galaxy...

Constellation Skye was able to hear the last words Skye said and she felt so sad for her. She's constantly trying her best to bring his Chase back so she and Skye can be happy again

Constellation Skye's POV
I suddenly just heard Skye saying those words...I wish I know what it's like to be loved... "Constellation Skye...are you okay?" Chase noticed me and asked. "Yeah,yeah,i'm ok...it's just that...I heard your girlfriend is looking for you" I said honestly and he was concerned. "Skye really misses me so much...what will happen to me if I didn't make it in the fountain?" Chase asked and I responded with a worried tone "If you didn't made it,you'll remain here forever until you fade away for who knows when...". "Oh... don't worry,Skye... I'll come back for you,I promise..." Chase said. He sure is lucky to have Skye... meanwhile I don't have a partner in life yet... What is love? Why aren't we meant to be?

Skye has worked her way into becoming an honorary police pup while Chase and Constellation Skye are already going on an adventure to bring him back. See you in the next chapter
.
.
.
Author's note: wow,felt lazy making arts in each chapter...