Family Dispute - Chapter 21

Sleeper's PoV -

Vulcan attacks with furry. I'm cut deep and bleeding but I quickly heal. I attack with a few slices of my own. Vulcan and I battle while Venom is currently being swarmed by the other symbiots. Currently, Venom holds his own but I know it's only a matter of time till dad is overtaken by my siblings. I need to do something. I camouflage myself making myself invisible and quickly rush to aid Venom. I tear my sibling from the brawl and secrete phencyclidine to hopefully induce some disassociation. The effects take place and my sibling's attacks become irregular and begin to lack power. Now, that's more of a fair fight. I thrown backwards and into a brick wall. A few bricks fall on me but not enough to cause more than a tiny headache. However, my invisibility is shattered. I'm sliced in the stomach while still recovering. I quickly heal and escape the rubble. I slice at Vulcan.

     "Sleeper help!" Michel screams in my head, obviously in pain.

What's wrong!

     "Someone besides me and you is in my mind! They want me to break our bond. I can't block it out."

Hang in there, Michel. Stay with me.

     Mind control? Vulcan must be trying to get inside of my host's mind. Trying to break us from the inside out. I try to disrupt Vulcan's display of power by unleashing a furry of attacks. This doesn't help much and I can feel our bond breaking.

Michel. Stay with me!

     It's too late. Michel tears himself from me and runs to Vulcan. I try to stop him but now I'm just a black and green blob. Venom sees our break and rushes towards Michel. Venom reaches Michel before Vulcan and carefully cradles my host. I'm pulled from my thought as I'm painfully picked up. Riot holds me in his clawed hands and dangles me over his mouth. No. We need to stop Knull. I need to stay here for Michel. Riot is sliced in the stomach by a sharp yellow tendril.

Sleeper may be on the wrong side but he is still a child. I won't let you hurt him. Scream surprisingly stands up for me. The red spiral lightens with this statement. Maybe some of Scream is still in there...

Sleeper is the only thing stopping Knull from world domination. You are prepared to give that up. Riot growls

We will not let a child die. Scream slices at Riot and I'm thrown to the ground in the chaos.

I slither back over to Michel and form around him.

Venom, we need to leave. I have a plan.

     Venom nods at this and Venom swings away to safety while I turn invisible and follow after. With some evasive maneuvers we are not followed.

     After covering a large distance we stop to allow our hosts a break. We're in a secluded part of a local park. I'm half formed around Michel with an anchor to his torso. Venom does the same with Eddie.

     "So... Sleeper, what's your plan," Eddie asks.

We need your son, Eddie. We will need Dylan's help.

     "My baby isn't able to help right now! He's basically in a coma at the hospital. Besides, without Vulcan he is totally unprotected. I don't want him around that kind of fight," Eddie seems defensive as I surmised.

All the better. We need to appeal to the Vulcan inside of Knull. As you know, symbiots have a very strong relationship with their perfect host. If we show Vulcan his host in his current state I believe Vulcan may snap out of it. I reply.

     "No... not happening. There has to be another way to save Vulcan without putting Dylan's life in danger," Eddie warns.

Venom chimes in.

Eddie, we think Sleeper is right. We hate it too but you saw how Scream saved Sleeper because he is a child. Scream and Donna are very protective over kids but Knull does not care. A part of Scream still remains even under the control of Knull. Vulcan will likely do the same if presented with something he cares about.

     "I guess you're right... Okay. Let's go get Dylan."

     With that we form back around our hosts and Venom leads the way to Dylan's hospital.

Eddie's PoV -

Once we reach the hospital Venom hides inside me. Sleeper does the same to Michel. I walk to the front desk. "Hello, I'm here to see my son Dylan Brock." I tell the front desk lady.

"Of course, we've transferred him to room 450. Who is this young man?" She asks referring to Michel.

"Uhh... this is my eldest son, Michel. He would like to see his little brother if that's okay." I reply.

"Okay, of course." The lady hands us both visitor passes.

"Thank you." I call as we walk down the hall towards Dylan's room.

"You called me your son?" Michel questions.

"Oh... yes, I did. I'm sorry, did that offend you?" I ask.

"No... did you mean it." Michel.

"Of course. You and Sleeper are family. May I ask why you don't live with your parents?" I pry.

"My mother and father disowned me... After they found out I was trans they kicked me out," Michel replies looking terribly sad.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Your parents don't know what they're missing out on. You're a good kid. Is Michel your preferred name?" I reply.

"Yes, Sleeper creates testosterone for me and secrets it into my bloodstream which helps me look masculine." Michel states and since we are in the elevator alone, Sleeper, curls around his host trying to comfort him.

     "Well. In that case, welcome to the Brock family, Michel!" I reply, "Now, let's go introduce you to your little brother."