Chapter 10: Not Expected

Beginne am Anfang

"Her name is Brittney." He smiled but I could tell this smile was fake. It wasn't the genuine smile he always flashed it was more of guarded smile.

"Hi Brittney it's so nice to meet you. I'm Mrs. Toolin but you can call me Anna." She smiled as she held out her hand.

"Yeah it's nice to meet you too." I smiled but I felt bad about lying to her.

"Sorry, Anna, we have to go." This Jensen seemed a bit more tense this time.

He pulled me away quickly and we began to walk quicker away from the park. We hid an alley way and as I was about to talk, he put his hand over my mouth.

"Members from my old pack is here and we need to be in disguise. If you want to get to my alpha in one piece, go along with what I say. People will Look for Brittney, not Emma. So that's why I gave you a fake name." He whispered in my ear, making everything clearer.

"We're here for food and food only. Don't talk to anyone. And if you do, lie." He said, looking into my eyes. I quickly nodded and he took his hand from my mouth.

He grabbed on my hand and pulled me to the corner of the alley. He was watching out for the members and suddenly I wasn't as hungry.

I pulled him back into the darkness and cowered into his chest. Yeah I was afraid. I don't know why, but the feeling of being watched escalated to a looking-over-your-shoulder-to-see-your-killer-behind-you feeling.

"Emma, what's wrong?" Jensen asked, his whole voice portraying alertness. I didn't feel so hungry now. In fact, I felt sick.

"Jensen, let's just leave please." I whispered fiercely against his chest that gave me a sense of protection.

He held me there as he turned to see a any sigh of threat.

"Emma, what's wrong?" Before I could say anything, Jensen went limp in my arms and fell over me. As I was on the floor, I looked over Jensen's shoulder and saw nothing. No one was there. As if it never happened. But with the unconscious Jensen lying on top of me, it told me that something did happen!

"Jensen! Jensen!" I whispered to him but he showed no signs of getting up. I nudged him slightly and he rolled off of me. Even that didn't help him wake up.

I placed my hand in front of his nose to see if he was still alive and I was happy to bring back my hand that was breathed on. I pulled him up and sat him against the wall. His head lolled to the side and I did something that surprised me the most.

I brought my hand back and smacked Jensen across the face. And to this... He stayed unconscious.

"What the hell! Jensen, wake up you turd!" I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and I began to shake him violently.

"Stop it... Emma. My neck..." Jensen grunted. I immediately stopped shaking him and I bent his head forward so that I could see if he got stabbed or something.

And sure enough there was a little three dotted imprint on the back of his neck. I touched it slightly and Jensen moved away from me in sudden anger.

"Don't touch it! It hurts!" He seemed to work better now. I stared at him with wide eyes as I realized he just screamed at me.

"Emma, I'm, I'm sorry." He whispered looking at me. I kept a hard glare on, I hope I did, and got up.

"Let's go then." I said, my voice hard.

As I turned around, I saw someone pass us. He stopped and looked at me and Jensen. The feeling of being watched came back and fear rose in my body. He continued walking but he let slip a note the fluttered to the floor. He left and I quickly picked up the note.

"What does it say?" Jensen said from behind me. I got scared and plus I was a bit angry, I elbowed Jensen in the ribs. He sucked in a breath and bent to clutch his ribcage.

"Violent aren't we." He chuckled softly but composed himself.

I smirked but opened the note. I read it at least five times to understand what it meant.

Embrace it once it engulfs you.

"What the hell does that mean?!" Jensen said over my shoulder.

I looked at him and then I swiftly turned him around and I stared at what used to be a jagged three-holed stab wound but was now just a scar. Something tells me that this note was meant for Jensen...

"Emma, don't rape me now." He chuckled softly against the wall I put him on. I don't know why, but I felt I had to. Not the raping part, no. I mean touching the little puncture wound.

I laid my fingers on his neck softly and I was taken aback to the fact that Jensen didn't pull away like the first time.

"How come it doesn't hurt?" I asked, voicing my thoughts.

"It tickles, if you want to know." He said before pulling away and seeing the note for himself. 

"Hey there's an address on the back." He showed me and sure enough, there was an address.

"Maybe we should go to it to help you." I offered. He nodded and pulled me away from the alley.

What started off as an easy morning now became unsettling. But the bright side was, I didn't have any weird feelings of being watched.

I'm still not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I feel much better now! :D Thanks for 700+ reads guys! You're awesome!

So what do you think happened to Jensen? ^.^

Stay awesome you ;D

-Glo