Chapter 10: Not Expected

Começar do início

"Um, seventeen?" I said it in the form of a question.

"Sorry, I just thought back to when you told me that we don't even know each other. I'm trying to be friends here Emma, play along." He laughed sightly.

"Oh... Yeah." Was all I could say. Why is he even bothering? Soon enough we'll part ways.

"I'm uh eighteen. Anyways, uh..." He trailed off, not sure of what to ask.

"Question for a question?" I offered.

"Sure."

"Yeah I got nothing either... Wait. Siblings? Parents?" I asked quietly.

"Don't have any and dead." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh I'm s-sorry. I didn't know." I blushed and felt horrible.

"It's okay. They've been dead for basically my whole life." He continued walking.

"Favorite color?" He stuck with the basics.

"Turqoise." 

"I like green." He smiled at me.

"Favorite food?" I stuck with the basics too.

"Rabbit." He winked at my horrified expression.

"Just kidding. I liked pasta." He laughed.

"Favorite movie, book, and show?" He began to walk a tad faster so I did too. I was learning a lot about Jensen. From what I know, he seems very normal,  very human.

"Pearl Harbor, The Help, and I don't have a favorite show, sorry." I answered him honestly.

"I don't I have any favorites. Sorry." He chuckled and I smiled along.

"Erm, why did you become a-" as if he knew, he stopped abruptly, making me bash into him and hurt my nose.

"Uh, sorry. But we're here." right before us was a town that seemed so small.

We began to stroll into the tiny park that held all the parents with their children. I felt a pang of longing. All these kids have a mother and a father. A complete set. Me? I have a heart broken father. But my situation isn't as bad as Jensen.

I wonder if he feels the same... About not having parents and seeing these kids with them.

"Jensen!" A woman called his name from behind us and we turned to see a lady walking to us with a little boy, at least six years old.

"Hey Mrs. Toolin." He flashed his smile and it was then that I realized how heart stopping gorgeous it was.

"Stop thinking like that Emma. Don't get attached." My wolf scolded. I quickly pushed the thought away and stopped a bit behind to let Jensen and Mrs. Toolin talk.

I zoned out and began to stare at the floor.

"It this your mate?" the little boy asked, looking quite curious. My head snapped up and I stared at the little boy who let slip those words. I was expecting Jensen to quickly deny it so I was surprised to hear the words that came out of his mouth.

"Yeah she is." He smiled and pulled me too him. His arm snaked around my waist, leaving a trail of tingles.

"Really Jensen? I was wondering when you'd find your mate, it's about time. What's your name love?" Mrs. Toolin gushed.

I wanted nothing more than to tell this woman that what Jensen said was absolutely absurd, abysmal. But he spoke for me and I stayed there, trying not to have my mouth flopped open.