18.

thomasridgewood's instagram story

irl

     "Thomas! Rematch at battleship right now!" Thomas was in the kitchen, making herself and kit a cup of tea and she had a feeling Kit saw her story.

"Get it set up so i can destroy you again! But this is it! Last game!" Thomas called back, finished stirring the tea and bringing the two cups to the table as Kit had unboxed the game and the two began playing.

"Okay, loser has to do whatever the winner wants, for like an hour." Kit set up the stakes and she nodded along.

"Sounds good. Lets do this."

Thomas had set up her ships fairly simply, and she was sat on the opposite side of the couch with her legs tucked up to her.

"You're going down Thomas." He teased and she gasped in fake shock.

"As if you could beat me! I've won almost every time! Except for that one time. But i was hopped up on nyquil, so it doesn't count." Thomas retaliated and Kit laughed.

"It so does count. B3." Kit responded and looked at his board.

"Fuck. Hit." She muttered and Kit cheered.

The two played the game for quite a while and finally it was Kit's turn and Thomas knew she had lost. He had sunk every one of her other ships and he knew where the last spot was.

"A7."

Thomas groaned loudly and flopped back onto the couch and Kit was laughing. "You now have to make another post telling everyone how I won and you lost."

Thomas groaned again and rolled off the couch. Her hand going back into the couch to search for her phone. She grabbed it and pulled up instagram again.

Thomasridgewood's instagram story

irl

     Thomas had cleaned up the game and the two were now just sitting on the couch. Kit was on his phone playing a game humming along to a song stuck in his head.

Thomas sipped at her tea before she sat up and set the tea down and turned to him. "Will you play the guitar for me? Or the piano? I keep seeing it and I've been wanting to ask but i've been too scared to incase you didn't want to-" She rambled on until Kit smiled at her and got up.

"Sure. I'll be right back."

Thomas smiled widely at him as he walked into his room. Her face soon fell as she realized that she did have to tell him how she felt because she couldn't go any longer without knowing. He acted so different towards her then everyone else and it was odd. It confused her and excited her all at once.

He came back and sat down, fiddling and playing a few chords before sitting back and thinking about what song to play before he settled onto something and he started strum along to it.

Thomas had curled up in the couch, a fuzzy blanket tossed over her legs with her tea as she listened to him. He soon began to sing along and her heart rate quickened from it. She couldn't help it.

After a while he stopped and he looked at her. He was just watching her. They're eyes fixed on one another and she sent him a smile as she set her tea down and went to open her mouth to speak but he cut her off quickly.

"Remember how the loser had to do whatever the winner wanted?" His brows furrowed as he looked away before looking back to her. She nodded with a sarcastic roll of the eyes as she tugged the blanket back up on her lap.

"Yes I remember. What do you want?" She asked as she moved a bit closer to him. She was focused on his face, and the furrowed brows and how he chewed on his lip a bit. She didn't take notice of the way his hands were a bit shaky and how fast his heart was truly going.

"What is it? Spit it out." She egged him on and she reached a hand out to gently place on his leg.

"Will you kiss me?" He sputtered out. He kept looking down until he couldn't stand not to see her face. He finally looked up and saw her with wide eyes as she looked at him. She was almost frozen, until she blinked a few times.

"Do you really want me to?" She asked softly as she looked away before Kit moved much closer to her.

The nerves filled him to the brim but he had such strong feelings for Thomas that he couldn't try. He had to at least try. He had fallen quite fast for her. After the day they went out to buy records with Will, it was almost set in stone.

He was over the moon when he got a text from her the night she went out. He loved spending time with her and when she got hired on for the second season of heartstopper, it only went from there. The two became quite close friends and after he spoke with Joe, he had shifted things between him and Thomas.

It was the subtle touches, and pet names mixed with the flirting and the gentle kisses and then when they got quarantined together, he knew that something was going to change. He didn't want it to take seven days but it did.

Although he did feel guilty about one thing. He had gotten her addicted to nicotine. The two would constantly step outside onto the balcony in between episodes of shows, and vape and then head back in. It was nice to have her there but he still felt guilty but it was his fault. He couldn't just stop her even though with covid, the two would end up coughing up a lung after each smoke break.

They spent the seven days just getting to know one another, and finding out what made them happy and sad, their childhoods, favourite games, favourite food, the things they did in their free time, their music taste, even though Thomas never shut up about mamma mia. Which they did in fact watch four times already, and he had a feeling they'd watch it a few more times.

And when Thomas came to him, it was like a moment of realization when she'd been so easily comforted by him that he more then likely had a chance with her. And he was taking it.

"As long as you want to." He spoke softly, almost in a whisper and it caused Thomas to turned back to him. She was breathing quite heavily, her eyes scanning his face over and over again then finally landing on his lips.

Kit was getting impatient but he didn't want to rush her. He had a feeling she wanted too but he wasn't going to do anything until she said or did something. His hands came up to cup her cheeks as he also scanned her face. The way her cheeks were warm and rosy, and the way she smelt of chai tea and whipped berries. The way her fingers kept bunching up the blanket until she finally let go.

He waited, and waited and finally she moved forward, and with a bit of help with Kit's guiding hands on her face they kissed.

hiii they kissed. thought it was cute. idk how long this story will go one? i wanted it to be mainly fluff but some angst might be fun. not much just enough to stir things up. idkkkkk. anyways ily :)