The Disastrous Competition

Beth Harmon spent her weekend, frolicking in her family's garden

Beth Harmon spent her weekend, frolicking in her family's garden. Eating ice cream, legs dangling from her kitchen counter. And frozen in front of her TV once she saw Leo Dooley's familiar face on her television.

She was already glued to her television once she had heard that a rouge train had decided to go off course, aiming for Welkerville a neighboring town

She was already glued to her television once she had heard that a rouge train had decided to go off course, aiming for Welkerville a neighboring town. She had been watching Tasha Davenport report live, a woman that she had heard of through Chase who spoke rather highly of the woman. "-and it-it looked like this." A frantic Tasha attempts, holding up a poorly drawn sketch of a train. Beth couldn't help but let out a snort despite the serious situation at hand. And Beth had officially lost it when the woman tried to imitate the train.

The worried girl was forced to press the mute button when her father walked in. "Hey kiddo, I have to head out. Mr. Davenport needs my help with something." Although the girl had only met Donald twice, her father still hung out with the man regularly, leaving the girl to fend for herself on multiple occasions.

"Is it about the train?" Beth asks, knowing the killer train belonged to Donald Davenport. Her father gives a slight nod, semi-embarrassed that the train belonged to his good friend. "There's some leftover pizza in the fridge if you get hungry, I love you! And don't burn the house down." Her father shouts halfway to the door. "Don't die!" The girl shouts back before she hears the familiar slam. Beth huffs before she returns her attention to the television in front of her, returning the volume to its original state.

Little did she know her father was leaving to drop off a decelerator to a bunch of bionic teenagers in Davenports high speed helicopter. Since she didn't know this, she went through every possible scenario on how her father could help, and the real answer never came up.

Her phone dings and she looks down to see a notification stating that Rodney had changed his status to single. She gasps, dialing Brees number knowing she would appreciate the update. "Hello?"

"Guess what? Caitlin and Rodney just broke up! He changed his status! Ya' know? I bet it was Caitlin, she kept bringing up his bad breath!"

"What?! Oh no!" Bree exclaims. Beth hears a muffled conversation and suddenly the line goes cold, insinuating that Bree had hung up. She glanced back at her phone confused at the sudden lack of response. But ultimately shrugs it off.