6- Rescuing Luffy!

[ W A R N I N G S ]

Angst

Fluff

Violence (Luffy got beat up, what did you expect to see? Also, it was hinted but I didn't directly write any violence here)

Blood (Light details)

Swearing (the word 'ass')

♡ ♡ ♡

Day 9 (continued)

You breathed heavily as you caught up with Rosé.

Rosè ran quickly as you tried to keep up with her, stumbling and tripping on every branch and root from the trees. Leaves and twigs hit your arms and face as you tried to push them away, (and failing), accidentally kicked rocks and stones as you're running to catch up with Rosè.

Rosè chuckled and shouted back at you- who was angrily muttering at the lose twig nearly hitting your eye, "you alright?" You looked to the front in embarrassment and your face grew red that she was getting amusement at this. You just said "Yes". After her question you came to a conclusion: 'I was clumsy before but god- it's worse now!'

She then ran into a broken and run-down hut and grabbed a weapon as Ace and Sabo were behind, holding their respected metal pipes.

Rosè grabbed a familiar metal pole to the boys and looked at you with a neutral expression, "You should stand guard if we're going to rescue Luffy."

"Why can't I be a part of the attack?" You asked, a little bit frustrated as Rosè laughed at the question. "If you were tripping up that much on tree roots then how can you be trusted holding a potential weapon?"

She continued, "And besides, I doubt you would be able to kill somebody. What about them though?" A shiver ran down your spine as Ace and Sabo looked away. They hadn't either. Rosé sighed and looked over your shoulder to Ace and Sabo.

"What? You haven't either? God... Do I have to do everything myself..." Rosé muttered, making Ace yell at her. "Why are you so damn rude!? We haven't asked you to do anything!" Ace huffed off while talking to Sabo. "Let's get out of here."

While Ace sighed, Sabo sighed a little but still followed without batting an eye to Rosé and yourself. She started muttering to herself as you looked at the shed. "Is this a base or do you live here?"

She paused for a second before locking the door with a rusting padlock. "I live here. From about a year ago." She said as she walked away. "Ah, okay. Well, I mean at least you have a roof over your head- better than nothing, yeah?"

Rosé just nodded silently in agreement as she started walking, you followed behind. "You want to help Luffy?" She muttered as you looked at her. "Yes, I do."

Rosé exhaled as her pace became slower to help you catch up. "Fine, I'll help you do this but I want something in return." You sweat dropped, "And what do you want?" She paused for a second.

"I need to fix my hut because there's a few pieces of wood missing that somebody stole. I need to go to the Grey Terminal to get some. In exchange for this, I want to get help." You thought about it for a second before thinking of an answer.

"You know what," You shrugged and kept walking "Sounds interesting. I'll do that." Rosé sighed in disbelief at your immediate acceptance. She grinned over her shoulder. "I'll pick you up, then, 'kay?"

You gave her a cheeky grin of your own, "I would hope so!" The two of you shared a laugh as you walked side-by-side and started talking about flowers again. "I think you could spice up your house a little- y'know? Add some nice flowers at the front?"