Chapter 1: The Person with the Baseball Bat

Virgil woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. 

He groaned, blindly reaching for it with his face buried in the pillow. When his hand found it, he answered it and brought it to his ear. “Hello?” He mumbled.

“Vee?” The person on the other line asked, before giggling. “Hiiiii, Vee-Vee~” 

Virgil furrowed his brow. “Janus?” He rubbed his eyes with the back of his free hand. “Are you drunk?

Janus laughed. “Ju~~~~st a lil’.” He snorted, before frantically shushing whoever was with him as they laughed loudly. 

Virgil huffed, pinching the bridge of his nose. “God, Jan--What is this, the third time this week?” 

“Fourth~!” Janus purred. “Can you open the door, pretty please~? I can’t get mine in the hole.” 

“That’s what she said.” The person with Janus commented, only confirming Virgil’s suspicions as to who exactly it was. 

God--Fucking--Okay. Give me a second.” He grumbled, sitting up. 

“Thank you~~!” 

Virgil hung up, already feeling a migraine beginning to form. He idly checked the time, frowning at the 6:45 A.M. that proudly displayed on his phone. Under his breath, he mumbled something too vulgar to be repeated, and heaved himself out of bed.

Virgil Storm was your average nineteen year old. He was majoring in film at Vine University, living in the dorms, and absolutely hating every second of it. The only things he had to look forward to in the morning were meeting up with his best friends, and admiring the boy he (secretly) had a crush on from afar.

When he threw the door open, he was greeted with the sight of his wasted roommate and his (equally wasted) boyfriend: Remus Prince.

God, where to even begin with these two?

Janus Orm was Virgil’s roommate. The two of them were friends, but weren’t too close. Like that one person you talk to in class every day, but wouldn’t invite to your birthday party. 

Virgil thought that Janus was kind of an asshole. He had a habit of lying about anything and everything. He lied to Virgil regularly about whose turn it was to do chores. He lied to his parents about his relationship with Remus. He lied to his professors about work almost daily. Honestly, it was kind of scary how manipulative he was. Still, he would back Virgil up when it really mattered, and it was a mutual feeling.

Remus Prince. Virgil really didn’t like Remus. Not only was he the inferior version of Roman Prince (who Virgil might be madly in love with), but he was the most annoying person he had ever met. He constantly liked to play pranks on Virgil, such as dumping a bucket of lard on him when he walked into the dorm, or replacing his shampoo with purple hair dye (jokes on him, Virgil actually liked the color).

Remus wasn’t exactly too fond of Virgil either. He made that abundantly clear almost every day. He would loudly proclaim how much he hated certain things that Virgil did, making sure the boy in question was present to hear them. Whenever he was at their dorm, he would purposely take Virgil’s food out of the fridge and eat it. Oh, and when he found out about Virgil’s little crush on his brother? He worked relentlessly to embarrass him whenever Roman was near.

Janus and Remus together were always bound to drive him crazy.

“It’s Thursday.” Virgil growled, rubbing at the dark circles under his eyes. “You have class in like five hours.” 

“I can sober up in five hours.” Janus giggled, pushing past Virgil with his hand wrapped around Remus’ wrist. 

Virgil rubbed at his temples. He knew from experience that Janus could not sober up in five hours.