part 8: getting settled in

"My siren? My siren..."

You're roused awake to by a light brushing against your wing. "Mmm?" You blinked a few times and realized you were resting in someone's lap. You raise your head up to find you blue pearl looking down at you, with a small, amused little smile on her face. "You certainly like to rest a lot." You chuckled softly. "Do forgive me. But it's quite hard not to be lulled to rest by Lady Blue's warmth." A light giggle sounds above you both as Blue's face flushed a darker hue. "Flatterer."

You purred lightly to yourself and sat yourself up, sitting back on your haunches as you stretched your arms over your head, letting out a long, weary yawn. Blue pearl had to scoot back and duck as your wings unfurled themselves, stretching to full length. After giving them a light wake-up flap, you sighed, then took a moment to get a look at your surroundings as Blue walked through her chambers.

Unsurprisingly enough... everything was blue.

And to your delight, there was also quite a bit water surrounding the area, coming from a large waterfall that poured behind an even larger pool of sorts, making soft, pleasant sloshing noises in the otherwise still air.

"Welcome to your new home, my little siren." You heard Blue coo gently to you, lifting a hand to your perch, to which you tentatively step on to, still looking around. "We don't have any accommodations for you at the moment. How do you like it?"

"Yes..." You said after a pause. Although it was quite dark and the air had the slight scent of wet rocks, you found it to be rather enjoyable. In fact, you found yourself becoming rather excited to be living in such an extravagant looking place. You turned to look up at the massive blue woman, with a cheerful smile adorning your face. "It's rather nice, actually." You smiled up at her.

You looked down at the pool before you, squatting down to see your reflection in the clear water and dipping a hand it, shuddering upon feeling the refreshing coolness against your hand. Without wasting a moment, you gracefully slipped into the clear blue water with the grace of an otter, your gills flaring open upon submersion. Each breath brought a sudden sense of euphoria as unnaturally pure, filtered water was absorbed into your amphibious lungs. You unfurled your wings, twirling and gliding through the water with the grace and speed of a dolphin, occasionally leaping up from the surface like such, relishing in the blissful feeling.

Above you, Blue Diamond and her pearl watched gleefully as you swam with such grace and vigor, letting out a few small gasps of awe as you occasionally jumped up from the surface, doing small twirls and barrel-rolls, only to dive back in with incredible amounts of elegance.

"Such gracefulness..." She mutters as you swirled about within the pool. She may have known about your beautiful voice, but seeing you move through the water and air extravagance and confidence was something else almost entirely.

The way you maneuvered so fluidly... the way your wings and scales glimmered, even beneath the water's surface...

The lively energy...

So much like her.

She was snapped out of her thoughts as you finally stop your brief swim, shaking your head to get your wet hair out of your eyes, flashing a refreshed, serene smile up at the two blue gems. "The water feels lovely."

Blue stared for a moment, before smiling herself, resting an elbow on the side of the pool and resting her head into her hand. "Oh, that's good." She idly stuck her free hand into the water, swirling her fingertips in it gently. "This is the finest liquid homeworld has to offer."

You hummed softly, laying on your back and spreading your wings out, smiling gently to yourself as you idly floated in the water, paddling your feet and tail gently as you relished in the feeling of the cool water in the gills.

Blue contemplated you for a moment, somewhat stirring the water with her one hand, her brows knitting slightly at a sudden realization. "Hm... you also require food, correct? Is there a specific type you need?"

"Mm... Not in particular," You hummed, opening an eye to peer up at the curious giantess with a friendly smile. "We're omnivorous creatures. We can eat nearly anything."

"Om-num-verse?" Blue repeated slowly, her eyes squinting into a look of utter confusion. "What does that mean?"

You had to stifle a giggle at how clueless she looked, almost like a child that was asked an especially difficult question.

"It means we can eat both plants and meat..." you explained slowly, closing your wings so you can swim upright. "Like fish or fruit."

"Oh! We have fruit!" Her face brightened up at the mention, but then a troubled look briefly flashed on her face. "I'm... not sure we have fush, though..."

You stifled another giggle, swimming over to her submerged hand and climbing into her palm. "That's quite alright, Milady. What kind of fruit grows here?"

"We have plenty growing in the Human Zoo!" She stated enthusiastically. "The colors change everyday!"

You blinked a couple times. "Human Zoo?"

"Yes. She... I used to have such a fascination with them... so we created it so she can have them." A sad look flashes across her face. "But I run it now."

You felt a sudden sense of unsettlement at the idea. You've heard of a zoo before; its a place where wild animals are collected to be put on display. Your mother had said that they vary in treatment; some can be quite caring towards their animals and cater to the endangered species while others tend to have... less favorable conditions...

And now there's a human version...? You felt the unease grow into a sense of mind dread. How long have they been collecting humans...?

Blue doesn't seem to notice your unease, as she brings you up to her eye-level. "One day I'll let you see it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as she did." She then presses you into her cheek. "For now, let's focus on getting you comfortable, my little siren."

"Y-Yes

"Y-Yes." You agreed slowly, letting your cheek rest against hers. "Of course, Milady..."
~~~~~~~

Sorry for the wait, but there was a slight mishap but the matter has been settled.^^

It's okay if your book is inspired by my book, just let me know in advance so I'm not taken off guard.^^