Chapter 4

Sitting awkwardly next to Ben, I stare out the window watching as trees and buildings pass by. Up ahead I see a tall bridge curving over a long giant lake. (That's what she said) I liked lakes and bridges, but not tall bridges over lakes. I turn to face Ben placing my back against the window and closing my eyes. Once I felt us go up onto the steep hill like bridge I opened one eye. Seeing if Ben noticed. He didn't. I then closed my eyes again. I feel the bus become even once again, telling me that we are at the top.
Suddenly, I felt a small gust of warm air on my face. I open both my eyes. My eyes widen and I try to back up more, only for my legs to slip into the seat Ben once sat. I lay In shock and for some odd reason I liked this position. Ben hovered over my body and smirked. He bent down to kiss me, but stopped half way. I felt his warm breath on my dry lips. Noticing this I licked them. I guess Ben took that as a way me answer 'yes' as he placed his lips gently on my, however the kiss was passionate and I easily melted into the war of dominance. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him close. Even though I just met him I felt as if I knew him for so long.
When we pulled apart we panted for air. I looked up at Ben with a small smile and he kindly smiled back, that is until he saw red bite marks along my neck. I hadn't known this until he got up and sat back down. I sat up and fixed my clothes.

I tap Ben's shoulder, "What's wrong?" I ask him as I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear revealing another love bite.

I watch as his face grimaced and he turned away. I placed my hand on my neck. Rubbing the side of my neck I feel swollen bumpS in different places. I quickly realized why he is ignoring me and use strands of my hair to cover up the hideous marks

"Someone claimed you before I could." he mumbled.

"Look, it's not what it looks like." I say whining and whimpering," It- It's... I just..." I stutter then stop speaking.

I touch my now wet, warm lips and squeeze my eyes shut. My eyes turn hot. I then silently repeated a chant ben told me to chant when we were friends and I was in 6th grade.

"I'm gonna be a good girl all the way home." I felt my heart clench tightly.

I decided to stop and opened my eyes turning my head to look at Ben. His eyes had tears and his face held a shocked expression. I put my hand on his and smiles. And I swear I saw his eyes turn dark red for a split second.

"Glitch bi***?" I ask him. That was my nickname for Ben when he annoyed me.

Ben then turned away his face red and he started to chuckle which confused me. Is that the real Ben?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~