Two Inches

ENZO

I had no idea what had gotten into me in Evie's room. I just could not control myself with her, and it was pathetic. Everything that I thought about her was pathetic.

The way that I looked into her eyes and saw nothing but perfection, and the way that I looked at her in general and saw nothing but beautiful things. It was all pathetic. I had never felt anything as close to this—as close to love—for anyone in my entire life before.

What I had felt for Evie now was beyond just like. It was at a standstill. I knew that it was beyond liking, but I also knew that I could not love her, yet. Right?

"Hey." She whispered, tiptoeing to my bed.

"Hey." I replied, scratching my neck.

I was nervous as hell. Being in the same room with her did this to me. I was sweaty, my palms were clammy, and my heart was beating almost as fast as a hummingbird's.

"I'm sorry." Ev said quietly.

"Me too. I shouldn't have done that."

"What? No, I-I'm glad that you did. But, I'm sorry that you had to see the side of my dad that you didn't want to see, I'm sure." 

I was shocked. "So, what you're saying is... You're sorry that we got caught?"

"Basically, yeah." She chuckled.

She hopped onto my bed and sat with her legs crossed. "Are you mad at me?"

"Evelyn, why would I be mad at you?" I made sure to keep a safe distance as I asked.

I wanted to kiss her again. To hold her in my arms and not let go until sunrise. But, of course, I could not do so. Her dad would kill me.

I recalled what her father had said to me while we were in this room a while ago.

________________________________________________________________________________

I sat on the bed, nervous. I wished Evie could say no to her father. I wish she would have, when he asked her to go.

But, as her father closed the door, I realized I was alone in this.

"Sir?" I started, but he held a hand up.

"I don't care if you guys date, Enzo. She seems to really like you." He began.

"She told you that?" I asked.

"She doesn't have to tell me anything. I can tell by her actions. Son, the looks she gives you when you are just speaking to her.. Don't you ever notice? She likes you more than I think she has ever liked any boy."

I smiled, but then her dad got serious again.

"But, I don't want her to be pregnant. Do you understand me? She is only fifteen, and you are as well. Neither of you need to be close enough to want anything to do with sex."

I was turning as red as a tomato from embarrassment. I hated talking about this with my crush's dad.

Was it really a crush, though? I liked her more than I thought possible. It was beyond a stupid crush for me. But, It really depended on what it was for her.

"Yes, sir." I answered, and he waved me goodnight. Literally.

He waved and said, "Goodnight, Enzo."

And then I was alone.

________________________________________________________________________________

Evie scooted closer to me. I hated that I had to keep on trying to back away without her noticing. It was cruel of me, but I wanted her as badly as she had wanted me, according to her father.

But, could her father really see her feelings? 

Maybe. But, maybe was not good enough for me when it came to her.

"You just... You seem mad. You keep on pushing away from me, and I feel like I did something wrong. If it was about the kiss, I swear I won't do it again."

"No. It's- It is not about the kiss. I loved every moment of that. It's just.. How you feel about it."

"I loved it, too. Listen, Dad says that he wishes I would be more careful with you, though."

"More careful?" This is not a lot different than what her father had told me.

"Yes. Meaning, if we were to be in the same room together-" She scooted closer. "We couldn't-"

"I get it." I replied, and placed my lips on hers.

She smiled against my lips before kissing back.

"You're all I've been thinking about." She spoke, her lips brushing mine.

"Me too."

I pulled her on top of me, and the kiss went deeper. 

And then she stopped. "Wait."

"What?"

"I can't get pregnant." She blushed immediately.

"I get it, Ev. Don't worry. You won't."

"I can't lose my virginity, either, Enzo."

"I get it, don't worry about it, Ev." I reassured her, and we began the kiss again.

We stayed like this for a long time, until finally we both fell asleep in each other's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note~ This is my first book, remember? Y'all just gotta go with me while I make ma cringy chapters. I hope y'all are enjoying the book, and don't forget to tell me if you're offended by something, or if I did something wrong in the chapter!

Have a good day/night, guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~