Deadlines

Deadlines for your publishing are perfect. All you need to know is how many times a week you will publish a chapter or have a schedule. If you have readers, you HAVE to be able to publish within time of their expectations. Doesn't it annoy you when you are waiting for a great book to update? Well, it annoys them too, so don't be someone who loses views because you can't be bothered to publish. It's a good idea to publish on Friday afternoons or weekends because more people have free time then so they can continue reading and also update their books.

Ideas aren't just forced into your brain, you have to wait for them so even if you miss all your deadlines you are still providing good quality work. Just know that deadlines are probably one of the most important things, don't keep people waiting.

To solve this issue, I think the best solution is to pre-write (yes I made up that word) the chapters, or at least 5 or 6 so you have free time to update. On this subject, it can also be helpful to just write the entire book and then publish chapters over time; it means if a book isn't coming on well you still have the opportunity to restart the entire thing or give up rather than leaving readers in suspense for weeks, months etc.