33 | new perspectives

Start from the beginning

"Everything alright?"

I nod. "Yeah, it's all good."

"Glad things aren't awkward after the kiss."

"Wha—" I sputter. "Who the hell told you about that? Was it Jun? Brendon?"

"You think they'd go behind your back? I know everything. Nothing gets past me."

"I don't know why I bother trying to hide it." As of today, Jun is still the only person I've told about my and Brendon's kiss, but the more I think about it, the less surprised I am Rami was able to figure it out. I'm still...figuring things out."

Before we head inside, his eyes search mine. "I know Jun is your go-to but sometimes it's good to talk to someone a little more objective."

"Thanks, Rami." I slap his arm. "Maybe when I'm not about to wrestle with Seira over baked goods."

We find Seira perusing the pasty aisle with a basket filled to the brim with snacks. As soon as we pull up beside her, she tosses another pastry inside and two others fall out. Rami leans down to grab it for her.

"Bulking up with excessive carbs, are we?"

"Carbs are the love of my life." Seira grabs the packaged pastries from Rami. "Is Brendon still kicking ass?"

"Pretty sure you can check the news to see he is."

"I just wanted to hear you talk about him again. You get all smiley and shit. It's cute."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever."

Seira hands me the last chocolate croissant from the shelf.

"So, since Stevie and Bash are full speed ahead, when are we going to talk about the other two?"

She walks ahead, leaving Rami and me to share a perplexed look. When she notices our hesitation, she turns around, placing one hand on her hip.

"Jun and Lauren."

I brush past and head toward the drinks. "Not sure where you've been but that isn't anything new."

"No, but there's something different about them, don't you think?" She stalks toward me. "For a couple of months. I think something happened."

I avoid looking at Rami because I'm sure he's fully aware of what transpired at Maver's house; this isn't a confirmation I need.

"Like what? Lauren is still with Maver."

"As if that would stop her. And none of us would judge her for it because it's—" Seira fakes a gag, "—Maver."

"Please leave them alone." Rami comes between us and throws his arms around our shoulders. "They'll tell you when they're ready to."

"So something did happen!"

"That's not what I said."

She brushes him off once we reach the end of the aisle. "I can infer."

"Okay, but don't you think we have a right to know?" Seira spins.

        I squint at her. "And why would we have a right to their relationship?"

"Because. If their relationship becomes something else and ends badly, it could affect the entire band."

"I think that's more of a problem for another day if it does happen."