21

Luke's POV

The boys and I are playing at Annandale Saturday, and we are excited- and nervous. Kaelyn and Shelby kept on telling us that we are great- and that we are ready, but we want this to be as close to amazing/great as possible.

We are now practicing, again, and the girls are out shopping I think. We decided that we are going to do one song with electric guitar.

After we went through our setlist one more time, we packed up and got in Karen's car. She was driving us to Nando's where we are meeting Kaelyn and Shelby for dinner.

From Kaelyn :-) :

Are you guys almost here?

To Kaelyn :-) :

Yeah, we will be there in a few :-)

From Kaelyn :-) :

Okay, see you soon :-)

I smiled at her texts, as basic as they were. She is just a great person in general- she is smart, funny, talented, has a great personality, beautiful- wait what? Did I just call my best friend beautiful? I think I did, I don't think that I'm wrong either. The only problem is that I don't think that she likes me like that...

Kaelyn's POV

I smiled at Luke's text after replying. Yeah, it was a normal text, but it is so Luke. Speaking of Luke, he is so amazing. He is talented, smart, funny, a giraffe, extremely good looking- huh? Oh no. I can't like Luke, he is my best friend- he most likely won't like me like I do.

"KAELYN!" Shelby yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. "What?" I asked her.

"The guys are here." She said, pointing to Karen's car which was pulling into the parking lot.

"Hey girls." Ashton said as he got out. Calum got out next and said hi as well. "Hey Kaelyn, hey babe." Michael said, pecking Shelby's lips before taking her hand in his.

"Hi Shelby, hi Kaelyn." Luke said, coming over to me. "Hey Luke." I said before looking away to prevent myself from blushing.

We went inside and ate, with a slight tension between Luke and I- which was weird. We walked back to my house afterwards where Liz was waiting to take the boys home.

"I can take a couple of your bags." Luke said, taking a few bags from my hand. "Thanks, Lukey." I said, which caused him to blush slightly.

When we got to my house, Luke and I went to my room to set the bags down. "Thanks again." I said. "You're welcome Kaelyn." He replied, smiling down at me. We walked out of my room and towards the front door, where we stopped at the porch. "Bye Kaelyn." He said, hugging me quickly. "Bye Luke." He pulled away and pecked my cheek before running to the car.

I placed my hand over where he had kissed me and smiled. It still tingled a little and I had zoned out, not realizing that Shelby had come over.

"You fancy him- I can tell." She said, causing me to jump slightly. "W-what? I don't fancy Luke..." "Kaelyn, it's alright if you do."

I sighed before nodding. "You should tell him." "He doesn't fancy me, Shelby." "He kissed your cheek- he clearly fancies you, Kaelyn. I have to go, g'night." "G'night."

Does Luke fancy me? He did kiss my cheek, but that can be a friendly gesture, too. Then again, he did run away quickly...

Luke's POV

After I kissed Kaelyn's cheek, I ran to my mum's car. I got in the back, since Ashton was sitting in the front.

I honestly can't believe that I kissed her cheek- she doesn't even fancy me!

"You fancy her, don't you?" Calum asked me.

"W-what? No." "Yes, you do." Michael said. "Mate, it's fine if you do- you should ask her out." Calum said. "What if she doesn't fancy me back? Or what if we break up? Our friendship will be ruined."

They just shook their heads so I turned away.

I feel like I should ask Kaelyn out, but if she doesn't fancy me, it will be awkward. I didn't see her reaction so she could have cringed for all I know. I think that I am going to wait a little, but not too long because I don't want someone else to take her away from me.

~

*Saturday

Today is the day of the gig- the boys and I are extremely nervous. Kaelyn and Shelby are trying to calm us down, but it isn't working out too well.

"Are you guys dressed?" My mum asked us. "Yeah." I replied. We were all in my room, reviewing everything once more.

"Are you ready guys?" Kaelyn asked us.

In the last couple of days, it has been a little awkward between the two of us, but not too awkward.

"Yeah, I think so. Let's go." I said, grabbing my guitars and leaving my room. The others soon followed and we met our parents outside.

-

Kaelyn's POV

When we got to Annandale, Shelby and I helped the boys set up and check the mics. After they were set up, we went to the door to greet whoever was coming.

Surprisingly, quite a few people showed up- not the couple hundred that Michael had told Ashton about, but still quite a few.

We stood next to our families, since they all wanted to see them perform. They soon came onto the stage and waved at everyone. They started playing and we all smiled as we watched them.

Ashton came off stage after a few songs, since originally only Luke, Calum, and Michael had set up the gig.

"You did great, Ash!" Shelby and I exclaimed as he came over. We both hugged him as he thanked us before we turned back to the stage.

-

Everyone was now gone, except for the boys, Shelby, Liz, and I. Liz was staying so she could bring the instruments back to her house while the boys, Shelby, and I went out.

"Thanks mum. See you at home." Luke hugged Liz after he had put his guitars in the car. Calum put his bass inside, thanking Liz; and then Michael put his guitars inside, also thanking Liz.

Shelby and I hugged her before she got in her car and drove off, waving one last time.

"Ready?" Shelby asked us as she intertwined her and Michael's hands.

We all replied in a choruses of "Yes!", "Yeah!", and "Mhm!"s.

"Wait- we forgot to do something." Luke said, looking at me, Calum, Michael, and Shelby.

Shelby and I took out our phones and Calum stood in front of Ashton.

"Ashton Irwin- will you be our official drummer? Part of the 5sosfam? A brother to Michael, Luke, and I?" Calum got down on one knee- pretending to open a ring box while I took a video and Shelby took pictures.

Ashton pretended to be shocked, bringing his hands to his mouth.

"Of course I will." We all grinned and the boys engulfed Ashton in a hug, thanking him.

"Now let's go out and celebrate!" Michael said, laughing with us as we walked away from Annandale.

__________________

A/N: That isn't the exact pic of when they asked Ash to be in 5sos, but that is Ashton's reaction in this (Luke's reaction in pic)

Just like with The Concert, I will try to update next Tuesday, but idk if I will have a chapter ready. School is picking up, being that there is 41 days of school left for me (and 2 days for tests). So if I don't get a chapter up next week, there will definitely be a chapter up the week after.