[🦴/🦋] Heart of the Ocean -New York x Fem! Reader

A/n: I love the Titanic and everything about the beautiful ship. No disrespect is here about what had happened.

Trigger Warning: Survivor's Guilt/Flashbacks
______________________________________

▪︎Y/n's Pov▪︎

{Flashback}

The air was cold, no stars or even the moon was out.

"Come on Y/n," My father pulled me towards the lifeboats. He didn't even have one. His was on my body.

"Father please don't leave me," I was begging him.

"We don't have much time," he said.

Other people was getting into the lifeboats. The ship, the Titanic, was starting to lean towards the bow.

"Women and children only!" They was yelling. The life boats was filling up but not as quickly as they liked.

"Come on Y/n, step up and be a good girl."

"I'm not leaving you," I said.

My father takes off his coat and places it around my shoulders. "Y/n listen to me now. You have to get in the boat. You will be fine and safe. I will find you when we get to safety."

I trusted my father. I nodded, tears in my eyes. I hugged him tightly, my gut telling me that this is the last time I will see him.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too sweetheart, now come and be brave."

The boat still had room but the officers sent it down anyway. The Titanic was sinking. I knew it was.

The silhouette of the beautiful ship was leaning into the water as we rowed away from the suction.

My heart pounding, my father still on board. Praying he found a way to a lifeboat, I couldn't keep my eyes off the ship.

For hours I couldn't.

Till the lights went out, it was as if someone had cut a switch off in a dark room. Nothing was seen or heard.

Suddenly the sound of metal crunching pierced across the air. My heart shattered at the sound.

My father's coat kept me warm but he was gone I knew he was.

Screaming of the ones trapped still echoed across the water. Soon they too died out. It wasn't all at once. It was over a period of time.

All those innocent people, freezing to death in the icy water, my father among them possibly.

{End of flashback}

I woke up with a gasp, cold tears streaming down my cheeks. My chest heaved trying to get calmed down.

I laid on my back with my hand over my mouth trying to stop crying. It wasn't working.

"Angel?" New York, my husband, stirred awake. His black hair all over the place. "Everything alright?"

"Flashback of the Titanic," I reply.

Yorkie hovered over me, his arms circled me. He kissed the top of my head. "Shh shh, I'm here." He held me as close as possible, knowing how I was about the ship and the stories about it.

I couldn't even watch the movie without getting flashbacks of it.

The sounds of metal snapping, the screams of the dying and wounded in the water.

The silence that followed was the worse.

My God, it was torture.

"I'm here angel," Yorkie whispered. "It's alright. Go back to sleep."

"You'll never be alone angel," I heard him say before I drifted off to sleep.