Secret Admirer Part 4

Start from the beginning

In the Bad Batch's barracks, Wrecker sat on a supply crate, groaning and clutching his stomach as he tapped his foot loudly. He was jittery yet tired, and he was tormented by aches.

"Would you shut up?" Crosshair grumbled, shooting Wrecker a glare.

"I can't!" Wrecker whined, dropping his head into his lap. "My stomach hurts."

"You shouldn't have stolen all the caf," Hunter said simply. "Just hang on. Tech'll be here soon."

Not a moment later, the door slid open. All three Bad Batchers looked up, expecting Tech, but instead...

"Ah!" Wrecker yelped, startled by your half-robotic appearance. He clearly wasn't the only one. Crosshair and Hunter stared curiously, though you could detect a trace of fear, one that you were, unfortunately, used to. You flinched.

"Wrecker!" Tech snapped as he entered the barracks behind you, glaring daggers at his brother, who shrunk back sheepishly.

"Nice to see you too, Wrecker," you grumbled as you approached, digging around in your medical bag.

Hunter tilted his head curiously, recognizing your voice. "Y/n?"

"The one and only," you said, shooting him a mock salute before extracting a syringe from your bag.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey," Wrecker said quickly, eyes widening as he scooted away from you. "What's that for?"

"Not you," you answered simply, tossing the capped syringe at Tech, who easily caught it. "Give that to Crosshair."

Crosshair's gaze snapped towards you. "What did I do?"

"You got shot," you said without turning away from Wrecker, who snickered at Crosshair's alarmed expression.

Hunter's gaze shot to Crosshair, eyes widening. "You what?"

"I didn't-"

"Don't lie to the medic, Crosshair," you interrupted, lazily directing to his arm, which you had noticed he was holding oddly the moment you entered the room. No injury could escape your eye. "I can tell."

Crosshair muttered a profanity under his breath, but sat up, allowing Tech to give him the shot. You continued rifling through your bag, extracting a bottle of water and a ration bar.

"Here," you said simply, shoving the supplies into the confused clone's arms. "Eat."

"How's that gonna help?" Wrecker asked, biting into the ration bar.

"Recovering from caffeine overdose is a lot like recovering from a hangover," you explained, rolling up your sleeve and adjusting the dial on your metal arm. Everyone stared at you curiously. "It takes time and effort. And nutrients."

Once you had finished fiddling with the dials on your limb, you grabbed Wrecker's arm, telling him to relax. He did so, confused as to what you were doing, but curious nonetheless. The small screen on your wrist read 130/80 - his blood pressure. High, but not alarmingly so.

"Have you thrown up?" you asked as you pulled your hand away and set the dial on your arm back to normal, then flexed your fingers to ensure you had regained total control of your maneuverability. Tech stared at your arm curiously, mesmerized. You made a mental note to let him take a look at it later, as you knew he would be dying to do so.

"Yeah," Wrecker admitted sheepishly.

"On Tech's desk," Crosshair added, disgusted.

Tech's head snapped towards Crosshair, his eyes widening. "Wait, what?" He didn't wait for an answer, shoving past Hunter to reach his desk. "Agh! WRECKER!"